Thread: 10m home range project.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tunnel

Brill idea wish you all the best with your project

And some more progress today between working!
    Needs another 2 tonne of chippings really, but it will do for now. It has a thick DPM layer under it, so it'll be fine for a while.
    I'll leave it a few more days so the concrete can set a bit more around the posts, and then the range can go on top.
    Then I'll make the felt roof and insulation to cover the range.

https://ibb.co/c84NBp

Absolutely superb!!!
    Donald

Thats excellent, well done sir!

How's the noise / echo when you fire down the tunnel?
    Id imagine there would be some noise if you're firing an unmoderated rifle, are you going to carpet the inside to try and deaden the sound to be more neighbour friendly?

My Mrs would go ballistic ( see what I did there ) if I built that in the garden.

Hope your neighbours are nice !

Great effort though.

I will be adding a bit more 2x1 around the tunnel so I can put external uPVC T&G on it. That will give me a 2" gap allaround the tunnel that will be filled with this stuff

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Earthwool-A...5-6m2/p/143388

So that will keep the heat out and deaden the sound well. On the floor of the tunnel will be a full layer of white carpet. Don't forget the uPVC will also help kill the sound. The shed will be lined with 1" foam and 6mm ply or MDF depending on price.

The whizzers will go on the roof and the targets will hang from the cord.

We own our house and the neigbours can't say anything as the pellets can't leave the confines of the range, they can't see anything, the range is only 6" above an already low fence that WE own and they will not be able to hear anything either.

I'm sure plod or the concil will be made aware of it when some of our suronding bitchy neighbours get pissed as they often do around here, but there is nothing anybody can do about it. The worst guy in the street used to be my direct neighbour, and he would have complained, but he left about 18 months ago, thank God!!

My wife wife doesn't care about the range in the slightest, she doesn't spend any time in the garden, never has. My youngest daughter (who is disabled) will be using the range to practice her 10m rifle off a spring, so if she is using it, it's all good