Thread: Sig Sauer X5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sig Sauer X5

Hi guys/gals, new to the site so hello to you all.
    Looking to purchase a new airpistol and my wants are as follows:

400-500fps
    Lifelike both in weight and looks
    Pellet preferred
    Blowback

I've been doing a little research (minefield) and have been pointed in the direction of the relatively new (from what I can gather) Sig Sauer X5, pellet/BB 20 round pistol.
    Does anyone have any experience with this particular pistol or even have alternative ideas they could mention? Also, pellet calibre, been pointed towards JSB match 7.7gr
    Any help appreciated.

Big heavy pistol.
    Silver available.
    Will run out of puff quickly if like the Sig I tried - 320.
    Good while it lasts tho.

Very few,if any, blowback co2 pistols break 400 fps.

Go for lighter pellets in these guns eg Gecos.
    I believe Sig make some very light pellets but Ive not seen them.

Looks quite interesting - including the fully adjustable rear sight (very useful).

I’d be a tiny bit wary of them given the mixed reviews I have seen of the P250 and P226 - and the MPX/MCX. But maybe the changes they have made (including reducing the magazine capacity) have addressed the earlier faults - basically jamming and shooting relentlessly low, at least on some guns.

On the reviews I have seen that I trust they only make 400 FPS (just) with 5.25 grain SiG Ballistic Alloy Match (sic) pellets. With lightweight 7 grain lead wadcutters, more like 340. In either case, just under 2 ft-lbs, like almost any of the current CO2 pellet repeaters with standard pistol-length barrels.

Te X5 is BB only- I have one & it's very good. But it can't fire pellets because of the design of the mag.

You are confusing your X5s.
    Yours is the KWC bb pistol.
    Sig actually make the pellet version.

I had a 320. It couldn't reliably hit a sheet of a4 at 10ft and I had to aim about a foot high.
    You can't strip them easily, if at all. Frequent feed problems, then the last straw was a co2 bulb that
    refused to come out. Fortunately my local shop took it back.

I'm not sure if any of the current blowback pistols are any good, but I haven't tried all of them.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."