Thread: Sig Sauer X5

Sig Sauer X5

Hi guys/gals, new to the site so hello to you all.
    Looking to purchase a new airpistol and my wants are as follows:

400-500fps
    Lifelike both in weight and looks
    Pellet preferred
    Blowback

I've been doing a little research (minefield) and have been pointed in the direction of the relatively new (from what I can gather) Sig Sauer X5, pellet/BB 20 round pistol.
    Does anyone have any experience with this particular pistol or even have alternative ideas they could mention? Also, pellet calibre, been pointed towards JSB match 7.7gr
    Any help appreciated.

Big heavy pistol.
    Silver available.
    Will run out of puff quickly if like the Sig I tried - 320.
    Good while it lasts tho.

Very few,if any, blowback co2 pistols break 400 fps.

Go for lighter pellets in these guns eg Gecos.
    I believe Sig make some very light pellets but Ive not seen them.

Looks quite interesting - including the fully adjustable rear sight (very useful).

I’d be a tiny bit wary of them given the mixed reviews I have seen of the P250 and P226 - and the MPX/MCX. But maybe the changes they have made (including reducing the magazine capacity) have addressed the earlier faults - basically jamming and shooting relentlessly low, at least on some guns.

On the reviews I have seen that I trust they only make 400 FPS (just) with 5.25 grain SiG Ballistic Alloy Match (sic) pellets. With lightweight 7 grain lead wadcutters, more like 340. In either case, just under 2 ft-lbs, like almost any of the current CO2 pellet repeaters with standard pistol-length barrels.

Te X5 is BB only- I have one & it's very good. But it can't fire pellets because of the design of the mag.

You are confusing your X5s.
    Yours is the KWC bb pistol.
    Sig actually make the pellet version.

I had a 320. It couldn't reliably hit a sheet of a4 at 10ft and I had to aim about a foot high.
    You can't strip them easily, if at all. Frequent feed problems, then the last straw was a co2 bulb that
    refused to come out. Fortunately my local shop took it back.

I'm not sure if any of the current blowback pistols are any good, but I haven't tried all of them.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post
    I had a 320. It couldn't reliably hit a sheet of a4 at 10ft and I had to aim about a foot high.
    You can't strip them easily, if at all. Frequent feed problems, then the last straw was a co2 bulb that

I'm not sure if any of the current blowback pistols are any good, but I haven't tried all of them.
    I've got a 320, the one gingernut above tried and we found it pretty accurate with a nice blow back, mag worked well and no probs extracting co2, maybe you had a duff one?

ASG P09 duty - co2 2x8 shot pellet with blowback

video review CLICK

written review - CLICK

wanted one of these myself for a while but the funds were diverted into something else, still want one though

Quote Originally Posted by spaspecker View Post
    ASG P09 duty - co2 2x8 shot pellet with blowback

video review CLICK

written review - CLICK

wanted one of these myself for a while but the funds were diverted into something else, still want one though
    Had one of these for some time now. Good blowback on them, and very reliable. With a small red dot on, very accurate. Liked it so much, I bought a second as back up in case anything went wrong with it...nothing has

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I've got a 320, the one gingernut above tried and we found it pretty accurate with a nice blow back, mag worked well and no probs extracting co2, maybe you had a duff one?
    I've also got a 320, and I like it... pellets are a little more accurate than BB's. I did have a cylinder leak a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure whether I just didn't tighten it up enough... the last time I used it was fine.

My main gripe is the cost of spare mags... and they're only 20rnd, instead of the supplied 30rnd.

Cheers for input guys.
    Bit the bullet and got one after a quick once over in the shop. My initial thoughts:

Heavy: love it, always expected air-pistols to be light and plastic feeling!!!
    Blowback: real good kick.
    Magazine: very easy to load, release is very quick and easy.
    CO2: in the back of pistol handle, again, very easy to change out.

Got some match pellets but not had chance yet to put it to the aim test. The few shots I have had seem to fire low but not adjusted sights or even tried properly yet. Overall, very impressed!

That’s they way to do it
    Let us know how you get on with it.

Been having a bit more time with the Sig Sauer X5. Loving it the more I use it.
    Using RWS R10 Match pellets.
    Feels a great quality pistol, well put together and so easy to use. So glad I did some homework and actually went and viewed/tried before buying.
    Just been doing some back garden plinking more than anything but gonna get some targets and see what it's like for accuracy/aiming, will let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Been having a bit more time with the Sig Sauer X5. Loving it the more I use it.
    Using RWS R10 Match pellets.
    Feels a great quality pistol, well put together and so easy to use. So glad I did some homework and actually went and viewed/tried before buying.
    Just been doing some back garden plinking more than anything but gonna get some targets and see what it's like for accuracy/aiming, will let you know!
    Following this with interest.

For me the key thing, assuming it doesn’t continually jam, break, or fall apart, is does it shoot a reasonably decent group and can the sights be adjusted to put that group where it is aimed?