Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's off to the Midland?

Used to go every year and loved it! Not sure exactly what year it was when I noticed it to go down hill but I think it was around 2009? Went a few years after that and it just got worse and worse, not been for about 3years now.
    The British shooting show is for me! Really good show. Let’s just hope it stays this way, without all the market stall stands

Gave up going three years ago not many Discounts’s to be had. More like a market in my eyes.
    Shame it used to be a Big ever time in the family Callander.

I think the days of this type of show are numbered unless the organisers get a grip make pitches cheaper and get i the big boys from the shooting industry. It can be done I’d rather look at guns all day long than looking at handbags a fat clothing stalls.

R30Jeff is offline Not Smarter Than The Average Bear
    Just got back, glad I got in for nowt or I'd have been a smidge miffed.
    Very little to keep an interest in, a whole 3 or 4 tables in the knife makers tent / expo, still I got my usual bag if chorizos so not a totally waster afternoon.

Been today, if I wasn't going with family for a day out I wouldn't have gone, airgun side of things waste of time. Things usual overpriced, expensive food, drinks and fairground rides...I think the comments of it turning into a large open air market are quite true.

However, as a family experience, my daughter had a lovely time with the guys doing the falconry school and I also grabbed an amazing video of a hawk landing on her arm.

I Got to see the guys shooting the European ft champs, also bumped into a number of the younger generation who were into target sprint - the enthusiasm these guys and girls have for the sport is refreshing and if we can keep this interest in shooting and maybe see them move across to other shooting disciplines then hopefully air rifle competition shooting has a great future.

So all in all, if you are going to the midland for dedicated airguns I'd say forget it, goto British shooting show or northern shooting show...for a good day out with family, all be it expensive, then the midland serves a need.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I heard it’ll be the last one at Weston Park too
    Could you elaborate, Craig? Where have you heard it's heading for?

I have been every year since 1996, I drove down to have a look at Theoben Rapid 7 as no one up here stocked them and I wanted to see one in the flesh before I spent what was a fair amount of cash for me on a rifle I had never even seen. I even managed the 550 miles annual round trip the year of the fuel shortage. It's definitely not the show it used to be but I always look at it as a weekend away for me and the wife and I will probably be there next year as usual.

Shug,

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Could you elaborate, Craig? Where have you heard it's heading for?
    That’s all I’ve heard from a friend in the trade, Shug. I don’t know anymore I’m afraid.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thanks Craig, just need to wait and see what happens. Better not book the hotel as early next year just in case.

Shug.