Thread: Newbie rifle question..

Newbie rifle question..

Is it possible to buy a "6lb" rifle that can be used indoors on a 10meter range, but is switchable to 12lb for outdoor HFT and 25m ranges?

cheers

Martin

Possibly a Steyr Hunting 5, or a BSA Goldstar, from memory they are both adjustable in power, but I'm sure others more knowlegablr than I will come along with an opinion. Strictly speaking they are 12ftlb Sporting rifles, not Match rifles, but I have modified my Steyr to accept Diopter Sights and run it at low power. Regarding adjustable power Match Rifles, I believe that they are available but would need modifications to run at 12ftlbs. Possibly the Anschutz 9015 FT or the FWB 800 FT might fit the bill, but only a guess I'm afraid, alternatively, for a cheap gun, the AA MPR might have a power adjuster covering that range, but you'd need to remove the A/T first.

JMHO, Vic Thompson.

I've seen a lad at my old club with an AA S200 with power adjuster in a lovely CS stock, for exactly the use you intend.
    It was a beautil, light little setup. Not sure how he got the front sight on, but I doubt that would be a big problem
    Donald

Mk1 FX verminator has a 6,9,12 ftlb adjuster as standard
    Cheers Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by fullbandit View Post
    Mk1 FX verminator has a 6,9,12 ftlb adjuster as standard
    Indeed some of them do, although I had a MK1 Vermy that didn't.