Thread: Hw77k Spring options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good man, you know it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Good man, you know it makes sense
    I hope so.
    I've got a good standard piston seal to go in there and I've done a bit of polishing and de burring
    I hope this effort is worth while
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

A 25mm '77, accordingly polished, standard spring and good fitting guide and top hat, new seals and thoughtful relube is a joy to behold. Enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Im sure disappointment will not be something to factor in here.

Hw77k

Ive just finished doing mine yesterday, its a 1990 HW77k in .22. Tinbum kit fitted with a weihrauch spring. Shooting very nice now. Been a while since i shot a springer but am getting 5p sized groups at 25yds with it. And loving it all over again. Good luck with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    A 25mm '77, accordingly polished, standard spring and good fitting guide and top hat, new seals and thoughtful relube is a joy to behold. Enjoy.
    ^^ What he said,

My 1993 77k after a degrease, debur and polish with a Tinbum Maxi kit was utterly transformed from something that was just ok to shoot into something that gives me a lot of pleasure and a hell of a lot more confidence in my abilities.

So much so that I took the scope off it and shot the Masters open sights at the NSS & Cloybank....
    My scores were crap (like my eyesight), but I guarantee I had a much better time and far more enjoyment from the day than any other shooter there!

Well all the bits have landed.
    I'm amazed how small the standard Spring is compared with the complete monster that came out.
    It's also weird how I've shot this gun quite abit (although not for 10 years) and recall it being pretty sweet to shoot??
    It must have been well over when it was first fitted.
    No wonder it sounded and felt like it did.
    I also drained the oil which was a first for me.
    Seems some expert had a go with the gun a few years ago and decided to lubricate it for my dad!
    It was full of something approaching Land Rover swivel grease.
    It was even behind the breech seal???
    Nice !
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

The grease content maybe a clue as to the smooth action, with your better fitted internals you will achieve the same result with the less of the sticky stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post

I also drained the oil which was a first for me.
    Seems some expert had a go with the gun a few years ago and decided to lubricate it for my dad!
    It was full of something approaching Land Rover swivel grease.
    It was even behind the breech seal???
    Nice !
    Slurp!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Got the gun all sorted
    I was so impressed with the result I've gone and bought myself a mk2 full length '77 to do again.
    What a gem these older 77s are.
    Good deals with: