Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
I'm going to have a go at FT shooting with a friend, she is disabled & normally bench rests, she now has a rimfire & is thinking of selling her sub 12ftb .22 S410 Classic.
There is no intention of doing FT seriously more like have a go for a few months while I decide whether to sell up my .22 collection or keep them for a bit longer.
Given your explanations of what you wish to do, I would say find a suitable club, take the kit you have and have a go. Yes, .22 with lower mag scopes will have shortfalls for serious FT shooting, but for what you seem to be looking for I wouldn't let it get in the way of a bit of fun. If the bug does bite then you can take stock of how you may wish to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
You don't want to talk about pellets at the moment so let's just stick with you are going to use whatever calibre pellet through that same calibre rifles that you have ( 0.22 ). FT shooters will be fainting at that sentence but you and your friend just want to give it a go.
I think there are a lot of FT shooters who forget that the sport originally started as a means for anyone with any air rifle to enjoy a form of target shooting in a safe and fun outdoor environment, a far cry from the high-tech seriously competitive element that dominates the sport now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Good advice about scope before rifle. For fifteen years, or nearly, I went to every league shoot down here in the south west and only ever witnessed one clearance, and that was on a 30 shot course. The rifle was a slightly modified AA S400, a Classic but with the export length cylinder fitted.
Yes, I seem to recall that shoot.