Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    About a week and a half ago mate, doc just prescribed pain killers and anti inflammatories.
    Have you tried acupuncture? Only thing that has helped me
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    No, but I would definitely consider it.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I've got several weeks of physio coming up for my back soon. Normally it loosens up and the problem slips into the background but its being chronic this time. By the time ive driven a few miles to get to a job in the morning I virtually have to fall out of the van to get out. Ive resorted to driving with two tennis balls between my back and the seat as this puts pressure in the right places and helps a bit. Bloody nightmare getting out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post

What do you mean, "older bash veterans"? A youth like you is what we genuinely older blokes regard as fresh young blood!
    Mmmm......maybe less in the year count, Mike, but I often feel much older!

I think bouncing down the road a few times (and one of them in particular a BIGGIE) plus a big one in the car a few years back didn't help. The wife blames it on me working out too hard years ago before I met her. Dunno, but I suppose they all add up.

Still think we need more youngsters carrying the Boingering torch before we lose them to the dark side!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I must admit, Pete, and I appreciate that different things seem to work better on certain people and various ailments, but accupuncture was BY FAR the best treatment for my neck injury back in 2013. The proper, traditional Chinese version, that is, and not the watered down pretence offered by the NHS that made zero difference once it started coming back.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Have you had a diagnosis yet, Dave?

Or is it a recent thing that's just started? Any treatment / physio or anything yet?

Must admit, mine's been troublesome for years, but it does come and go. Pretty brittle at the moment. Sometimes resting seems to make it better, at other times trying to move and keep active helps.

Ain't it fun, this getting old lark?

Better than the other option, though.

And then we have poor old Mick with his horribly debilitating wobbly syndrome which has affected him for nearly 14 months now.

Us older Bash veterans will keep soldiering on, but I think what we need is a steady influx of younger Boinger Bash blood to stop the Quigley Bench resembling a queue at the orthopaedic department.

I'm sure we'll all feel loads better in a week and a half or so with the therapeutic and relaxing effect of The Boinger Bash.
    Don't worry Tone, me and a few other youngsters will be there to even out the old and young Boinger peeps.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I've got several weeks of physio coming up for my back soon. Normally it loosens up and the problem slips into the background but its being chronic this time. By the time ive driven a few miles to get to a job in the morning I virtually have to fall out of the van to get out. Ive resorted to driving with two tennis balls between my back and the seat as this puts pressure in the right places and helps a bit. Bloody nightmare getting out!!!!
    Sounds terrible does that, Young Mikey Boy.

If you can afford / justify, try and find a good local Chinese acupuncturist.....it might just do the trick in providing the required relief.

And you, Dave.

Gotta be worth a go, peeps.

Lightbulb Long shot..

No, not the 75 yards Quigley Bucket, but..

Mick.......I know you've been suffering for far too long and had to pay out for stuff that hasn't helped at all, but I also wonder if the right "Chinese magician" might also help with your ailment?

Worth a try? You never know..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Don't worry Tone, me and a few other youngsters will be there to even out the old and young Boinger peeps.
    Les..
    Yes, you and the other youngsters were exactly what I had in mind, Les.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    About a week and a half ago mate, doc just prescribed pain killers and anti inflammatories.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Very sorry fellas to hear of your woes. Sincere best wishes for some pain relief and improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Very sorry fellas to hear of your woes. Sincere best wishes for some pain relief and improvement.
    Cheers Ted
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Here's to a speedy recovery for Dave,Mike ,Tony and uncle Mick.
    ATB
    Les

ATB
    Les
    Aww, you're lovely you is, Les.

Anyways.....I'm not too bad.....achy back but not TOO bad, a bloody cold that's lingering and I now have an abscess but in the opposite side of my gob to the other week.

But not bad, really!

And hey, just thinking.....bearing in my mind the non-attendance of a certain person in recent times but with the seemingly current attrition rate with dodgy backs and things......maybe "Brokeback Corner" should become "Brokenback Corner"?

ATB
    Les
    Quite right Les, my omission in regard to Mick of course all good wishes as ever and to Antonio L likewise. Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Quite right Les, my omission in regard to Mick of course all good wishes as ever and to Antonio L likewise. Best regards.
    Aww, you is lovely too, Ted.

But, honestly, me is okay.

By far the worst thing in my life right now is a broken heart from losing the beloved Bremby Bo. Don't think I'll ever get over it, to be honest. But getting to the last Bash was a landmark moment and made me feel so much better, being amongst the caring, sharing lovely people of The Hollow. And I just know that seeing you all again will provide another boost.

Love all you peeps xxxxxxx