Me too with the Christmas thing in recent years, Pauly.

The whole build up, Mrs getting ever so stressed re buying and wrapping far too many presents for un appreciating gits......the unwrapping of too many of these on the day and all the associated clutter and waste, helping prepare the meal and then all the washing up / putting away when everyone else is chilled out. We normally get to put out feet up at about 11.00pm!

To be fair, the wife does far more than I do on the build-up, but just listening to all the tales of chasing about etc does my head in. All I have to do is get her a few bits.

This year might be a little easier.....we're skipping the meal on Christmas Day and having it on Boxing Day instead when her dad and step-mum are coming. So just the presents thing to do "on the day". Plus, I have a sneaky feeling that the "LJ and Bsa Air Rifles" book by Mr Knibbs is coming my way.

Much rather be in a ratting barn with a hip flask of JD, boinger and tabs, though!

Hope the Smoke visit goes well, you have a great catch up with friends and manage to nail a few rolands.

And the trip to The Ireland will be excellent, I'm sure.