Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm sure retirement will sink in mate. Just a huge change from the manic London lifestyle to suddenly man of leisure. I'm not jealous.....no really i'm not
    This forced semi-retirement lark isn't all it's cracked up to be, Mike, I'm just spending my days pissing about with guns and shooting tons of lead over the chrono --- it's bloody awful I tell ya.

At least I've managed to tame my 77/97/99/TX/LGV hybrid down now and have it running consistently --- it turned out it doesn't like Superdomes but loves FTTs.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    This forced semi-retirement lark isn't all it's cracked up to be, Mike, I'm just spending my days pissing about with guns and shooting tons of lead over the chrono --- it's bloody awful I tell ya.

At least I've managed to tame my 77/97/99/TX/LGV hybrid down now and have it running consistently --- it turned out it doesn't like Superdomes but loves FTTs.
    Sounds good to me Mick I'm doing some chronoing this week. Unfortunately whilst removing tile covered plaster board from a bathroom on Thursday I had a tile break in my hand causing a pretty serious gash resulting in a trip to A and E ten stitches required. Oops. A pain in the arse for a week or so where works concerned but I can still cock an air rifle The bloody stupid thing is, I always wear gloves when removing tiles and on this occasion had forgotten them.

Sounds good to me Mick I'm doing some chronoing this week. Unfortunately whilst removing tile covered plaster board from a bathroom on Thursday I had a tile break in my hand causing a pretty serious gash resulting in a trip to A and E ten stitches required. Oops. A pain in the arse for a week or so where works concerned but I can still cock an air rifle The bloody stupid thing is, I always wear gloves when removing tiles and on this occasion had forgotten them.
    I've had a nasty gash in my hand a few times, Mike.

It's one of the hazards of working with metal.

I've had a few in my hand too Mick but most of them just required a wash rather than hospital treatment!!!!!

I was extremely lucky by all accounts. where it sliced the side of my hand it nicked the tendon to the little finger but fortunately didn't sever it. Bad enough but could've been a whole lot worse!!!!

I was extremely lucky by all accounts. where it sliced the side of my hand it nicked the tendon to the little finger but fortunately didn't sever it. Bad enough but could've been a whole lot worse!!!!
    Ouch! Sounds nasty does that, Mike. Hope it gets better soon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I've had a nasty gash in my hand a few times:
    Better than some nasty gash on your face though, Mick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

A 77/97/99/TX/LGV hybrid, Mick?

Tell us more........

Too right, Mike.

With a floppy little finger you wouldn't be able to enjoy a nice cup of Tea.

image.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    A 77/97/99/TX/LGV hybrid, Mick?

Tell us more........
    It's nothing special, Tone, I was just using some spare parts up.

It's a .177" 77K action in a 97 stock using a 99 Spring in a custom rotary shortstroke piston, using TX piston rod and LGV bearings, latching into a TX CD trigger unit.

I may yet swap in a B2 or Meteor MK6 Spring in order to loose some of the preload washers --- Spring selection is difficult due to the narrow piston body.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

It's a .177" 77K action in a 97 stock using a 99 Spring in a custom rotary shortstroke piston, using TX piston rod and LGV bearings, latching into a TX CD trigger unit.

I may yet swap in a B2 or Meteor MK6 Spring in order to loose some of the preload washers --- Spring selection is difficult due to the narrow piston body.
    Ahhh, gotcha !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I'm sure retirement will sink in mate. Just a huge change from the manic London lifestyle to suddenly man of leisure. I'm not jealous.....no really i'm not :oldgrin:
    Don’t wish your life away Mike:oldwink:. Being retired just means your older. I’m back in London tomorrow to pick up a few boxes of stuff my ex has ‘dumped off’ at my daughter in laws house:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Belgium on Tuesday for a baccy run, stay over in The Smoke and back home Wednesday. Then, I really must get out and do some shooting ! I shot so much more in London when I was working but I guess that was because I made best use of my spare time. I did manage to strip down my Webley Alecto yesterday to up the power a bit but now the bugger won’t work:oldconfused:, never mind, I have one or two others to play with until I open it up again to see where I went wrong.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Nothing special? Doubtful.

It's going to turn out to be another sweet shooting FAE bundle of loveliness.

So that's why you were getting a little intimate with that dinky little spring at the last Bash, yes?

33 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Don’t wish your life away Mike. Being retired just means your older. I’m back in London tomorrow to pick up a few boxes of stuff my ex has ‘dumped off’ at my daughter in laws house. Belgium on Tuesday for a baccy run, stay over in The Smoke and back home Wednesday. Then, I really must get out and do some shooting ! I shot so much more in London when I was working but I guess that was because I made best use of my spare time. I did manage to strip down my Webley Alecto yesterday to up the power a bit but now the bugger won’t work, never mind, I have one or two others to play with until I open it up again to see where I went wrong.
    Hope your little trips go well, Pauly.

I also think you're right with the "most efficient use of spare time" theory, y'know. When you're busy at work you're craving for that little bit of time off so you can enjoy your hobby, whereas now you're going to have more time and can space it out.

In addition to that, although you're now happy and settled, what you've gone through is still a major life-changer and upheaval is inevitable, emotionally as well, so, no doubt, some time to let everything sink in and then time to re-adjust will always be required.

Take care my little friend.