Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It's a secret, Tone, if I told you, I'd have to kill you. :
    Attachment 280790

150 X 2
    Aha!

Goddit! And the very thing we were talking about on the nice, chilled Sunday of the last Bash after your friend arrived with his newly purchased one and you detailed your frustration in losing the opportunity once before.

Very, very well done, sir. You deserve it. Welcome to the club!

You WILL be keeping it standard though, yes?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

We’re in, TonyL - payment just sent to Mick.
    See you in a few, mate
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Goddit! And the very thing we were talking about on the nice, chilled Sunday of the last Bash after your friend arrived with his newly purchased one and you detailed your frustration in losing the opportunity once before.
    You WILL be keeping it standard though, yes?
    I actually missed two 300s in the past due to the same twat, Tone --- not that I'm bitter like.

And now, as I was telling Nick earlier you can't buy one locally as the prices round here have gone silly because of this :-

https://hinckleyairrifle1.wixsite.com/hadarl/fixtures

Quite unbelievably I have ten thriving bell target clubs within 7 miles of Quigley Hollow.

And yes it will be remaining standard

Awwwww.......thank you, my good friend.

Can't wait to see you and all the other Boingerpeeps once again.

How are things matey?

Thanks again, mate, love ya xxxxxxxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I actually missed two 300s in the past due to the same twat, Tone --- not that I'm bitter like.

And now, as I was telling Nick earlier you can't buy one locally as the prices round here have gone silly because of this :-

https://hinckleyairrifle1.wixsite.com/hadarl/fixtures

Quite unbelievably I have ten thriving bell target clubs within 7 miles of Quigley Hollow.

And yes it will be remaining standard
    Ah, yes, I remember the story, Mick.

As said before, very well done for finally landing one of these most exquisitely engineered beauties.

I remember your friend (Martin?) telling me about the thriving bell target league down your way. Great stuff (apart from bumping up the prices!), but he was also telling me that there's a bit of interest around the Newark area. I did a quick search a couple of weeks ago after talking to him, but couldn't find lots of information. However, by the sounds of it, they might well do bell target at a pub in Saxilby near Lincoln which is probably just under 20 miles from home, so not too bad. Must do more digging! Sounds like a most enjoyable way of spending a dark Autumn / Winter evening. Even better if I could get a nominated driver so I can enjoy a John Smith's or two!

The 300S would be an obvious choice, but it'd be very interesting to see how one of my .177 HW30Ss and my little Diana 24D T01 would do. Very well, methinks.

That was a nice rifle he got himself IJ's fair in August had a very nice example but in a righty so no use to me .....until I was talking to Chris who's got hisself a lefty i

Question How's Jamie?

Hi Jamie,

Not seen you on in a while. Hope you and the girlies are okay?

I remember your friend (Martin?) telling me about the thriving bell target league down your way.

The 300S would be an obvious choice, but it'd be very interesting to see how one of my .177 HW30Ss and my little Diana 24D T01 would do. Very well, methinks.
    Yes Tone, Martin has taken up bell target and bought a new .177" SMK QB 78 target gun with diopter so he could dip his toe in the water --- lovely little gun btw.

Unfortunately the QB power fluctuates a little as the gun warms up in a hot Pub, which is why he went to the Brum arms fair and bought his 300 --- he's now looking for a FWB 601 to play with.

The little guns you mention should be perfectly adequate with a diopter fitted, I lent a forum member my cheap as chips Beeman Biathlon trainer and he won a bell target match with it.

image.jpg
    Last edited by T 20; 25-09-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Anyone planning on stopping over on the Sunday night ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Hi Jamie,

Not seen you on in a while. Hope you and the girlies are okay?
    Evening tone.
    My three girls are well thank you, Mel's stressed to hell and out sweeping seven till seven, six days a week, but bearing up well.
    I'm banned from driving till at least 8th October when I will be assessed again.
    Steve did a fantastic job of driving me around last week and has now returned to the permafrost north.
    After much conflab I am still being operated on this coming Monday, could be very interesting!! If nobody sees me on next week you will know it didn't go well. 😎
    Supposed to have started physiotherapy, but as yet not even been contacted, so I guess I will work it out for myself.
    Not on any forums much as I'm just washed out all the time.
    All the best,
    Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Evening tone.
    My three girls are well thank you, Mel's stressed to hell and out sweeping seven till seven, six days a week, but bearing up well.
    I'm banned from driving till at least 8th October when I will be assessed again.
    Steve did a fantastic job of driving me around last week and has now returned to the permafrost north.
    After much conflab I am still being operated on this coming Monday, could be very interesting!! If nobody sees me on next week you will know it didn't go well. ��
    Supposed to have started physiotherapy, but as yet not even been contacted, so I guess I will work it out for myself.
    All the best,
    Jamie.
    Thinking of you mate, everything crossed for your speedy recovery x x

Mel, your a diamond x x

Yes Tone, Martin has taken up bell target and bought a new .177" SMK QB 78 target gun with diopter so he could dip his toe in the water --- lovely little gun btw.

Unfortunately the QB power fluctuates a little as the gun warms up in a hot Pub, which is why he went to the Brum arms fair and bought his 300 --- he's now looking for a FWB 601 to play with.

The little guns you mention should be perfectly adequate with a diopter fitted, I lent a forum member my cheap as chips Beeman Biathlon trainer and he won a bell target match with it.

image.jpg
    Great news re Martin's new found passion, Mick.

And also very encouraging re the suitability of the little springers. I had a strong inkling that they'd be good, as with the correct user input they'll easily print pellet sized groups at close range and with the low power and lightweight internals, they're ever so forgiving to shoot.

Bad news re that pub at Saxilby.....tried ringing earlier and I think it may have closed down.

I'll have to do a little more digging to see if I can find somewhere within easy striking distance.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Anyone planning on stopping over on the Sunday night ?
    Yes. Also was thinking about bringing the old club house and wood burning stove.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Yes. Also was thinking about bringing the old club house and wood burning stove.
    Let me know nearer the time if it's a definite mate, I will put a holiday in at work for the Monday Club house ? Excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Evening tone.
    After much conflab I am still being operated on this coming Monday, could be very interesting!! If nobody sees me on next week you will know it didn't go well. 😎
    All the best,
    Jamie.
    Bloody hell, Jamie. That sounds bad. I know not of the nature of your ailment, but had guessed that things weren't good for you at the moment. Whatever's the matter? If you don't want to disclose on open forum, I understand. Whatever the problem, I hope that all is resolved speedily for you and wish you all the very best for Monday.

And your Mel's an absolute star!

All the very best from all of us here matey xxxxxx