Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Payment made, hopefully see everyone next month.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Don’t wish your life away Mike. Being retired just means your older. I’m back in London tomorrow to pick up a few boxes of stuff my ex has ‘dumped off’ at my daughter in laws house. Belgium on Tuesday for a baccy run, stay over in The Smoke and back home Wednesday. Then, I really must get out and do some shooting ! I shot so much more in London when I was working but I guess that was because I made best use of my spare time. I did manage to strip down my Webley Alecto yesterday to up the power a bit but now the bugger won’t work, never mind, I have one or two others to play with until I open it up again to see where I went wrong.
    I'm sure you'll get it sorted mate. If you ever get bored with all your spare time and fancy a weekend break/on the piss in Eastbourne you're more than welcome here anytime!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Don’t wish your life away Mike. Being retired just means your older. I’m back in London tomorrow to pick up a few boxes of stuff my ex has ‘dumped off’ at my daughter in laws house. Belgium on Tuesday for a baccy run, stay over in The Smoke and back home Wednesday. Then, I really must get out and do some shooting ! I shot so much more in London when I was working but I guess that was because I made best use of my spare time. I did manage to strip down my Webley Alecto yesterday to up the power a bit but now the bugger won’t work, never mind, I have one or two others to play with until I open it up again to see where I went wrong.
    Many congrats Paul upon your retirement and all the best in your new situation. May the good Lord keep you safe on that motorbike! And may good shooting soon find you again.

Will you be joining us next month Ted ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Hello Dave, yes it is my firm intention to do so, unless prevented by the unforeseen or unavoidable. April's Bash seems a long time ago, when I kipped in the back of the Landy and suffered an attack of cramp at 0500hrs! Trust all's well with you mate. All the best, Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So that's why you were getting a little intimate with that dinky little spring at the last Bash, yes?
    Er, no Tone, the dinky little Spring I got from Walter was for my old school HW50/99s hybrid --- do try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Hello Dave, yes it is my firm intention to do so, unless prevented by the unforeseen or unavoidable. April's Bash seems a long time ago, when I kipped in the back of the Landy and suffered an attack of cramp at 0500hrs! Trust all's well with you mate. All the best, Ted.
    Be good to see you again bud You getting a tent this time ? Or trying out the Landy again ? Loving that TX mate, it's my new favourite springer A few shot it at the last bash and all were impressed
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Be good to see you again bud You getting a tent this time ? Or trying out the Landy again ? Loving that TX mate, it's my new favourite springer A few shot it at the last bash and all were impressed
    Cheers matey, and likewise. Unlikely staying the night. Glad you've hung onto the old Mk2. Always thought she shot nicely on orig std parts, extremely well run in when I got her, crammed with crushed pels at front of the action. Piston weight came out when she crept over, all she ever needed was clean up / moly. I've only got one .22" left now, your 80!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Many congrats Paul upon your retirement and all the best in your new situation. May the good Lord keep you safe on that motorbike! And may good shooting soon find you again.
    Thank you Ted. I tend to be a very careful rider these days mate so let’s hope the good Lord keeps the looms out of my way. Shooting more is in my hands so I must just get out there and do it. I do hope you can make this Bash.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Payment made, hopefully see everyone next month.
    As always, will look forward to seeing you again, Mark.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Looking forward to seeing you, Ted.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Looking forward to seeing you, Ted.
    Cheers matey, and likewise. Hope you're bearing up all right after dear old Brembo.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Er, no Tone, the dinky little Spring I got from Walter was for my old school HW50/99s hybrid --- do try to keep up.
    Oh yes, sorry, I remember you fondly caressing it with a view to insertion in a '50.

Y'see, by the Sunday afternoon my gob was starting to kill. By the time I got home I was in agony with a Twatty abscess. Finally got some anti-biotics from the dentist on the Tuesday. Gob was calming down by the Thursday and then, on the Friday, an even twattier, even more painful water infection! Oh, what joy! Having to go for a slash every twenty minutes and feeling like you're pissing razor blades. And up every half an hour or so through the night, so loads of sleepless nights. Saw the Quack last Monday and it started to subside a little by Thursday, and finally just about okay by this last Saturday.

Phew! That was a bit of a painful couple of weeks, but seemingly okay now and a nice, pain free cruise to the next Bash would be nice. And be nice to get a bit of fettling and plinking done.

Cheers matey, and likewise. Hope you're bearing up all right after dear old Brembo.
    Thanks, Ted.

You know, everyone was right. Time is the big healer. I still go through some sad periods but at least I'm not the constant blubbering wreck that I was prior to the last Bash. But it's much easier thinking back to the good times and remembering the many very happy times we shared. I talk to her every day when I walk into "her" room and on the grass outside. And we always have a little chat when I look up to the stars on a clear evening. My fine little dog dog and forever in my heart.

Thanks, Ted.

You know, everyone was right. Time is the big healer. I still go through some sad periods but at least I'm not the constant blubbering wreck that I was prior to the last Bash. But it's much easier thinking back to the good times and remembering the many very happy times we shared. I talk to her every day when I walk into "her" room and on the grass outside. And we always have a little chat when I look up to the stars on a clear evening. My fine little dog dog and forever in my heart.
    You write very movingly about her Tone, glad you're on the mend.