Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Sorry Mick, you don't get my boots!
    The op was completely successful, so you can now call me Christine ��
    Absolutely brilliant news, Jamie.

Christine? S'funny, that'! One of the first BMWs I sold at my new job was to a bloke called Christiine.....I first met him (er, her?) on a Saturday afternoon. He had arrived on his bike wearing leathers. As we got talking I noticed he had very pretty, long, pink fingernails! And a pretty bracelet with charms. Yet he was a big chap with a very deep voice. Oh yes, make-up, too! When we sat down and I took his details I asked his name......"Christine" came the reply!

A few days later he rang me. It was a terrible line and I struggled to hear his name. So when I said, "Pardon?", he asked, "Well, how many other blokes do you know called Christine?" Good sense of humour he had, thankfully. About a week later he collected his bike and on the V5 it showed his previous name. I was expecting Christopher. It was "Eric"!

When I last spoke to him, a couple of months ago, he was about to leave for an Eastern European country for his "big operation".

All true.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    If all has gone according to plan Mick, you should find my modest contribution nestling cosily in your account. Looking forward to it as much as ever.
    Cheers, Michael
    And looking forward to seeing you and your polite toys again, Michael.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oh, and Happy Birthday for yesterday
    Cheers Nick
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I remember your friend (Martin?) telling me about the thriving bell target league down your way. Great stuff (apart from bumping up the prices!),
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    That was a nice rifle he got himself

Well, if you think Martin's 300s is nice, wait until you see the one I received yesterday.

After seeing it, Martin has taken to driving past me shouting "bastard".

To make matters worse I bought another desirable Feinwerkbau 10 meter target rifle last night.

I'm not well enough to use either of them, but they're nice to look at.

Excellent news re the rifles, Mick.

Glad you're happy.

Two FWB match rifles? You lucky, lucky man.

Sounds like you're no better, though.......bummer.

Sleepometer says......

25 to go, peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Well, if you think Martin's 300s is nice, wait until you see the one I received yesterday.

To make matters worse I bought another desirable Feinwerkbau 10 meter target rifle last night.

It seems like reasonable behaviour to me
    Shame your no better tho kid ,kbo,it's all you can do an ill keep me fingers crossed.

Nice one Mick
    I will give them some exercise for you on the Bell target if you like .
    I will get myself a 300s one day.
    Les..

Go on then, Michael; what's the other one?

And is Martin aware of this one? If not, it might tip him right over the edge when he finds out!

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Nice one Mick
    I will give them some exercise for you on the Bell target if you like .
    I will get myself a 300s one day.
    Les..
    I'm just a tad surprised that you don't have one amongst your many lovely toys, Les.

And yes, you really must get one, you really, really must.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    It seems like reasonable behaviour to me .
    He's sending me "bastard" by text now, Gav.

If you remember, Martin drove to the Brum arms fair on the Sunday of the last Bash and bought an original finish 300S that had been resealed.

On Monday I took delivery of a 300S that I'd bought from the sales section on here from Blackmax, this gun has been reblued by Colin Malloy and has been resealed and the stock refinished by Blackmax, it actually looks like a brand new gun --- and it was over £100 cheaper than Martin's.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Go on then, Michael; what's the other one?

And is Martin aware of this one? If not, it might tip him right over the edge when he finds out!

Ah well, Tone.

While talking to Martin (way before I bought the 300S) I said I'd always fancied a Feinwerkbau 601 single stroke pneumatic --- like one of my old friends brought to the second bash.
    This set Martin off scouring the world via the Internet for a Feinwerkbau 601 --- all to no avail so far.

Anyway, on Saturday I was helping my neighbour out, at the old nursery next door, and he mentioned that our mutual friend wanted to sell his "target rifle", so I made the phonecall last night and low and behold it is his FWB 601 he wants rid of --- so we struck a deal and I'll be taking delivery at the weekend.

My next Phonecall was to tell Martin I'd bought a 601 --- well it would be rude not to.

Yeah I remember Martin nice bloke ,nice dog ,hope his legs mending and I remember the 300 he even let me have a go you have got some fine rifles there squire and again I find his behaviour acceptable
    I'm heading to London either tomorrow night or early next day I may just shout some Latin myself as I pass T4 on toll

He's sending me "bastard" by text now, Gav.

If you remember, Martin drove to the Brum arms fair on the Sunday of the last Bash and bought an original finish 300S that had been resealed.

On Monday I took delivery of a 300S that I'd bought from the sales section on here from Blackmax, this gun has been reblued by Colin Malloy and has been resealed and the stock refinished by Blackmax, it actually looks like a brand new gun --- and it was over £100 cheaper than Martin's.

Ah well, Tone.

While talking to Martin (way before I bought the 300S) I said I'd always fancied a Feinwerkbau 601 single stroke pneumatic --- like one of my old friends brought to the second bash.
    This set Martin off scouring the world via the Internet for a Feinwerkbau 601 --- all to no avail so far.

Anyway, on Saturday I was helping my neighbour out, at the old nursery next door, and he mentioned that our mutual friend wanted to sell his "target rifle", so I made the phonecall last night and low and behold it is his FWB 601 he wants rid of --- so we struck a deal and I'll be taking delivery at the weekend.

My next Phonecall was to tell Martin I'd bought a 601 --- well it would be rude not to.

Aha!

I was thinking it'd be a SSP, Mick.

Nice one; can I have a go on her, please?

Ooo, FWB 600 series - very nice.

I remember 'Big Bill' had one for sale at a very reasonable price, around the time of one of the early bash events. I regret not buying it, particularly as they seem even more scarce these days.

601 is the model to have, with the ratchet on the cocking linkage - to save sparking yourself out if your hand slips off the lever.

How is your back doing Nice Phil?