Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How is your back doing Nice Phil?
    Hmm, still a bit shitty, thanks for asking Tone. Along with a twisted mind, a broken spirit, and I lost my soul.

Hope you're doing OK though mate?

Er, that's not sounding good, Phil.

Will pm you later.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

24 sleeps to go, folks.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Ooo, FWB 600 series - very nice.

I remember 'Big Bill' had one for sale at a very reasonable price, around the time of one of the early bash events. I regret not buying it, particularly as they seem even more scarce these days.

601 is the model to have, with the ratchet on the cocking linkage - to save sparking yourself out if your hand slips off the lever.

Nice one, Phil.

I forgot that Big Bill had a 601, I'll have to give him a call later and see if it's available for Martin --- he may stop shouting abuse at me then.

The 601 is like the Titan Mohawk's refined, gay, German cousin, John Walter even mentions Bowkett in the 601 description in the Airgunbook, so it'll sit nicely with my other Bowkett guns.

I didn't realise until I watched a YouTube video on stripping the 601 yesterday, that some folks use the 601 for FT in Germany --- makes sense when you think about their power limits.

I'm just a tad surprised that you don't have one amongst your many lovely toys, Les.

And yes, you really must get one, you really, really must.
    A good mate of mine belongs to another club ,they have 3 300s fwb's that are club guns and we may be in with a chance of buying them 😉,fingers crossed.
    See you soon mate 👍
    Atb
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    A good mate of mine belongs to another club ,they have 3 300s fwb's that are club guns and we may be in with a chance of buying them 😉,fingers crossed.
    See you soon mate 👍
    Atb
    Les
    You may find this site useful if it all goes to plan, Les :-

https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Servic...-product-range

Er, that's not sounding good, Phil.

Will pm you later.
    Only joking, Tone - I'm fine really.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Nice one, Phil.

I forgot that Big Bill had a 601, I'll have to give him a call later and see if it's available for Martin --- he may stop shouting abuse at me then.

The 601 is like the Titan Mohawk's refined, gay, German cousin, John Walter even mentions Bowkett in the 601 description in the Airgunbook, so it'll sit nicely with my other Bowkett guns.

I didn't realise until I watched a YouTube video on stripping the 601 yesterday, that some folks use the 601 for FT in Germany --- makes sense when you think about their power limits.
    Ah yes, Mick - they have a different category (shorter range / smaller hit zones) for German legal limit (7.5 J) rifles, because as we know, the wind don't half blow your shots around with the lower power of a match rifle... at your place, windage becomes a bit extreme past 25 yards. Unless it's not windy of course.

So, Mick, would you say you've become a bit of a JB collector / fan / fanboy then?

Nice one, Phil.

That'd be a lovely gesture, Mick.

The only thing is you will, no doubt, end up buying one or two more and, in Martin's mind, you might become "even more of a bastard" for shifting the goalposts!!

If you don't watch it, he'll be round when you're suffering a bout of the wobblies and tattoo your new "Nick name" across your forehead!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    See you soon mate 👍
    Atb
    Les
    Fingers crossed indeedy for you, Les. You deserve one of these beauties.

Only joking, Tone - I'm fine really.
    Very relieved to hear that, Phil.

I'd been thinking all day about sending you a message and hope you really is joking.

Ah yes, Mick - they have a different category (shorter range / smaller hit zones) for German legal limit (7.5 J) rifles, because as we know, the wind don't half blow your shots around with the lower power of a match rifle... at your place, windage becomes a bit extreme past 25 yards. Unless it's not windy of course.
    I'd love to see a version of that over here. Up to 25 yards and smaller kill zones. The recoilless jobbies would, at a guess, always take the top prizes (given equal talent), but it'd open the door for little sweety boingers, like the HW30 to shine. Also - and obviously talking recoilless here - we'd maybe see a resurgence in some of the multi-pumps - the Sharp Innova trigger isn't TOO bad when used at low power and, methinks, the "mini-carbined" 1377 would be fine. Come to think of it, just think how sweet most HWs and the TX would be short stroked and set-up accordingly.

So, Mick, would you say you've become a bit of a JB collector / fan / fanboy then?
    Fanboy ? --- God I hope not Phil, those one make fanboys are a sad old lot.

The simple fact is that I also enjoy collecting and messing about with multi pump pneumatics and my three Bowkett guns form part of my modest collection.

Arcos Setra AS1000
    Sheridan Blue Streak
    Sheridan Silver Streak
    Titan Mohawk single stroke
    Titan Mohawk multi pump
    Daystate Sportsman MK2
    Chinese B45 multi pump
    2 X Crosman 1300
    3 X Crosman 140
    @ 10 Crosman 1322/1377s

And now a Feinwerkbau 601.

The simple fact is that I also enjoy collecting and messing about with multi pump pneumatics and my three Bowkett guns form part of my modest collection.

Arcos Setra AS1000
    Sheridan Blue Streak
    Sheridan Silver Streak
    Titan Mohawk multi pump
    Daystate Sportsman MK2
    Chinese B45 multi pump
    2 X Crosman 1300
    3 X Crosman 140
    @ 10 Crosman 1322/1377s

Lovely little list there, Mick.

Tell me; do any of them have a double spring ball detent?

Arcos Setra AS1000
    Sheridan Blue Streak
    Sheridan Silver Streak
    Titan Mohawk multi pump
    Daystate Sportsman MK2
    Chinese B45 multi pump
    2 X Crosman 1300
    3 X Crosman 140
    @ 10 Crosman 1322/1377s

I reckon a Sharp Innova, Ace and Victory would sit well with that little lot, Mick.

Oh, and a Whaley Crosman!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post

The op was completely successful,
    I hope your recuperation is going well, Jamie.