Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

I had a great four days at the Hollow
    Usual thanks and appreciation to Mick & Shirl for their efforts in hosting the event
    Some great catch up moments with many old friends and interesting chats with newer members
    The highlight of the four days was witnessing the Captains first shot at the bucket which was plumb dead centre on the target..Quality shooting Steve
    Roll on April !
    Regards to all

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    Hi it was me you were chatting to hope it works well for you
    Thanks again, if it works you can have a go with it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Always a pleasure to spend a bit of time in your company, mate.
    Just got back from Wales so I’ll have a think over the next couple of days about stuff I can exchange with you.
    Take care pal, Craig
    Like wise Craig,I do enjoy your company Sir.
    No rush regarding the exchange ,when ever you are ready mate it's your's if you still want it.
    Good luck with every thing and I'll see you in April .
    Atb
    Les..

Massive thanks Mick and Shirl

Thanks a million guys for a truly superb weekend, we really appreciate all the time and effort that goes into making these wonderful meetings happen. It was brilliant to catch up with everyone, think I spent more time laughing my head off than I did shooting can't wait till april.

Chris x

Thanks so much once again to Mick and Shirl for making my fifth bash so pleasurable and thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend. Can't wait for April!!!!

Had a great time always good catching up with everyone and a big thanks to Mick and Shirl as ever for hosting such a brilliant event.

Well, I managed to cough and splutter my way through another great weekend and I'd like to echo everyone else and say a big thanks to Mick and Shirl.

As always, what a truly superb weekend.

Relaxing amongst good friends at the beloved Hollow.

Great to see everyone again, new and returning.

Mick and Shirl.....thank you so much once again for hosting these wonderful, life enrichening events for us, only made possible by your hard work and commitment to the cause of The Boing.

And thank you once again, peeps. Without your continuing support, there wouldn't be a Bash.

In true Quigley Hollow fashion, we had a brief spell yesterday afternoon ((maybe from about 3pm?), when the sun came out, the wind dropped right off, you could actually feel some warmth from the sun and it was positively lovely.. The classic Sunday afternoon chill at The Hollow.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    I don't think I have ever been to a bash without coming back with lots exciting ideas of something to do with one or other of my toys, and this year was no exception - although I'm not sure that Tony making me paranoid about a TINY twang in my LGV is a good thing. I've already tried a bit more grease this morning, to no effect, so I shall try a piston sleeve next (is 0.5 mm ptfe thick enough, or should I use 1 mm?).

More importantly, all the usual thanks to Mick and Shirl for laying on another premier division event and looking after us so well - but as I said Mick, you need to have a few words with whoever supplies your weather!
    Sorry, Mike.

The last thing I wanted was for you to feel paranoid about the LGV. So mild and lovely and so very polite. Maybe it's just because as you get them so close to perfection, these tiny "nit picky" things come slightly to the fore. And not-picking it most definitely is. Losing that teeny weeny bit of remaining resonance won't make it any better to shoot, it would just give it that finishing touch of extra ultra-refinement. I would have thought a 0.5mm sheet would suffice; more crucially a slightly tighter fitting guide?

But lovely that rifle most certainly is. Smooth, refined and with minimal cross hair movement. A job very well done.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Daz was doing well with them at 80 yards...

I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t need an 80 - but I’m not doing very well...

Yep, I was talking to Daz yesterday morning telling him how impressed I was at the performance at medium range and he told me about those 80 yarders, Craigy. Awesome!

He then proceeded to his car, dug in his kit bag and gave me a tin. Cheers, Daz, you're a star!

Trying to resist the allure of an 80 is futility itself, Craig.....you gotta have one!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry, Mike.

The last thing I wanted was for you to feel paranoid about the LGV. So mild and lovely and so very polite. Maybe it's just because as you get them so close to perfection, these tiny "nit picky" things come slightly to the fore. And not-picking it most definitely is. Losing that teeny weeny bit of remaining resonance won't make it any better to shoot, it would just give it that finishing touch of extra ultra-refinement. I would have thought a 0.5mm sheet would suffice; more crucially a slightly tighter fitting guide?

But lovely that rifle most certainly is. Smooth, refined and with minimal cross hair movement. A job very well done.
    All the credit for that gun is owed to Jim Tyler, who set out the methodology in his AGW articles and then helped me with the problems I encountered when I carried out the work, but part of my pleasure in airgunning is trying to get that little bit closer to perfection, and I always appreciate it when someone with a lot more knowledge and experience than me gives me a pointer to the goal, so thank you.
    The guide is actually quite a good fit, Mr Bum made it to fit a TX spring which I was then running in my Nick G tuned LGU, but there is a fair bit of space between the spring and the cylinder wall, so I have ordered a sheet of 0.5mm ptfe, and with any luck that will see me home.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, I was talking to Daz yesterday morning telling him how impressed I was at the performance at medium range and he told me about those 80 yarders, Craigy. Awesome!

He then proceeded to his car, dug in his kit bag and gave me a tin. Cheers, Daz, you're a star!

Trying to resist the allure of an 80 is futility itself, Craig.....you gotta have one!
    Top bloke is Daz. I didn’t realise until a couple of months ago that I used to go shooting with him and his family way back when I was about 15 - small world eh?

I may have been deciding what to do with the internals of an 80...
    I may have been looking around the secondhand sites for an 80...
    I may have also put a scope to one side should I find an 80...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Top bloke is Daz. I didn’t realise until a couple of months ago that I used to go shooting with him and his family way back when I was about 15 - small world eh?

I may have been deciding what to do with the internals of an 80...
    I may have been looking around the secondhand sites for an 80...
    I may have also put a scope to one side should I find an 80...
    Third vote for daz! He insisted on giving me a knife which I kept trying to politely decline as it was far to generous, I even managed to sneak it back into his bag at one point, but he found it and gave it to me again.
    Thank you for that daz.

Thanks to Mick for struggling through his illness again to give us such a great venue, your a star mate ��
    Thanks to all the great mates too for making it another great "but bloody cold" weekend.
    Have a safe healthy winter everyone.
    Last edited by Mole trapper; 29-10-2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Too many agains! ��

Great to see everyone again Cheers Mick and Shirl
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25