Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Boxing day, sort of appealing. It'll give me the opportunity to wear my Christmas pressie thermals, along with 17 other layers.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    We don't go til next week. Boxing day? Are you mad!?
    Barking amazed you even needed to ask have a nice time in portugal

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I had a great time as usual at the 20th Boinger Bash.
    It was nice meeting up with the regulars and new attendees .
    I had a play with some cracking guns,Mick's two FWB target rifles a 300s and 601 ssp are utterly superb and where great on the bell target. Craig p and Bad Daz springers where a joy to shoot and Alanok2002 's target rifle's and pistol where very nice as was the Bsa brake action rifle.I had another play with TonyL's Kestock predator.
    A Big Thanks to Mick and Shirl for another great Boinger Bash.
    Atb
    Les..
    Hey Les, couple of things:-

Did you pursue the Theoben adaptor with Michael Tawn?

Also, when we were chatting with Daz, you'd mentioned about a cheaper automatic watch and then we got kinda side tracked. The one I wear is a Seiko 5. The Mrs bought me it a couple of years ago. Leading up to that it was looking like automatics were all around the £300+ mark for starters. Then I came across these. I price-checked it on-line and then a local shop price matched it. I think she'll have paid around the £60 mark. No doubt they'll be a little bit more now. It loses about a minute a week, but no big deal as I prefer to wear a mechanical thing with little springs inside it and it "feeds" from the movement of my arm when cocking and firing a Boinger!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Blow the turkey sandwich, I will bring a haunch of venison, truffles, champagne and canapes 🤫
    Top job!

I've not eaten any Bambi for years!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Good question, but I think Alan is looking for an excuse to get his fairy suit out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny neate View Post
    Who's dressing as Santa this year !!!
    Jonny
    Ooh, Al's looking most fetching in that little outfit.

As for Santa......well, he is Saint Nick, in'it? Just be careful where you go emptying the contents of your sack, Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Top job!

I've not eaten any Beaver for years!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Boxing day, sort of appealing. It'll give me the opportunity to wear my Christmas pressie thermals, along with 17 other layers.
    If previous years are anything to go by, Mark, it'll be milder at Christmaa than it was this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Lol!

You wouldn't be tempted either, Mick, knowing what's on offer here!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    Sorry i missed this one.....i forgot it was in October

BBF
    Never mind, Ray.....just bring Christmas cake and mince pies on Boxing Day. A bit of Stilton and port'll be nice, too!

Uncle Mick; what an absolutely beautiful pair of rifles you have there. Exquisite, precision engineering of the highest order.
    And I must thank Blackmax (Andy) once again for the stunning 300s, reblued by Colin Malloy, with the stock and action reconditioned by Andy --- it's like having a brand new gun.

I may yet take a smidge off the breech seal to make closing the cocking arm a little easier.

I watched as Les picked up my 602 and proceeded to ring the bell target on his first two shots --- so not much wrong with that gun.

Anyway, I've spent most of the day sorting Quigley Hollow out, and now it's all packed away for the winter and I'll be putting the Shetlands back into the campsite tomorrow.

All the best Mick

and I'll be putting the Shetlands back into the campsite tomorrow.

All the best Mick
    Careful with the ponies, Mick.

Dave didn't drive home yesterday. He's having a couple of extra nights in the Premier Inn and will be calling in tomorrow!

Hearing Aid Found

I nearly forgot, a hearing aid was found on Sunday --- so if anyone has lost one, PM me and I'll get it back to you.

All the best Mick

Hey Les, couple of things:-

Did you pursue the Theoben adaptor with Michael Tawn?

Also, when we were chatting with Daz, you'd mentioned about a cheaper automatic watch and then we got kinda side tracked. The one I wear is a Seiko 5. The Mrs bought me it a couple of years ago. Leading up to that it was looking like automatics were all around the £300+ mark for starters. Then I came across these. I price-checked it on-line and then a local shop price matched it. I think she'll have paid around the £60 mark. No doubt they'll be a little bit more now. It loses about a minute a week, but no big deal as I prefer to wear a mechanical thing with little springs inside it and it "feeds" from the movement of my arm when cocking and firing a Boinger!
    Hi Tony
    I haven't phoned Michael Tawn yet, but will mate.
    Regarding the Automatic watch, I will give them a look Tony.
    I have a nice automatic but wouldn't wear it at work so a cheaper one would be better.
    Atb
    Les..

And I must thank Blackmax (Andy) once again for the stunning 300s, reblued by Colin Malloy, with the stock and action reconditioned by Andy --- it's like having a brand new gun.

I may yet take a smidge off the breech seal to make closing the cocking arm a little easier.

I watched as Les picked up my 602 and proceeded to ring the bell target on his first two shots --- so not much wrong with that gun.

Anyway, I've spent most of the day sorting Quigley Hollow out, and now it's all packed away for the winter and I'll be putting the Shetlands back into the campsite tomorrow.

All the best Mick
    Thanks again Mick for letting me loose with your lovely FWB 300s and 602 rifles.
    My personal favourite being the 300s,but the 602 was on another level.
    Atb
    Les..

I nearly forgot, a hearing aid was found on Sunday --- so if anyone has lost one, PM me and I'll get it back to you.

All the best Mick
    Mick, that'll be Gwyn's. 👍