Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not feeling so bouncy now......

We have a whole load of crap going on......

Back in July my 13 year old broke his thumb inexplicably. Then in September he broke his thumb on his other hand. General aches and pains all over. Doctors started to take notice. Raised calcium levels in blood. Further blood test last week and he had lost 8kg in two weeks. And he's skinny. Another blood test today and he has lost a further 4kg in six days. We're worried and putting pressure on the GP to get an urgent referral to Oncology. Oncology seem most concerned when my wife spoke to them today...we'll see what happens.

In the meantime......school started to try and apply pressure for Frankie to return to school. She had the tumour removed last year - ovarian cancer. She's nowhere near ready to go back due to mental issues going back to bullying by pupils and a Senco years ago. Back in January they had agreed that home tutoring would continue. But now, out of nowhere, they're saying she has to go back to school. We're not playing ball. She is signed off until at least December and is due to see CAMHS soon. Because we're not playing ball, last week school contacted Social Services saying kids are malnourished and we have an unsuitable home. Social Worker came to see us last week and pronounces that all is good at home and kids are obviously well cared for and loved. So pretty sure this is school lashing out at our reluctance to play their game. When we pointed out some of the stunts the school have played in the past and some of the lack of care and support they have shown, the Social Worker was disgusted at their attitude. This is going to be ongoing........

But first things first, we need to get the little one sorted. Things may start to happen rapidly from tomorrow (we'll see), so bear with me, peeps.

Bloody hell, Tone, if it weren't for bad luck us Boingerfolk would have had no luck at all this year.

With your present problem, do you know any friendly journalists who could sit in on your meeting with the School ?

Hope all goes well mate.

All the best Mick

Glass half full Mick 👍 without trying to be an intolerable boar "as usual" , things can always be far worse.
    We've so far all survived "18".
    Several of us, you more than most, have got ongoing crap, but still soldering on.
    Looking forward to an awesome "19" .
    No I haven't found religion, I just refuse to be beaten. Except at hitting the bucket, drinking the cleary, staying up longer than baldy, and going to bed earlier than bongo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    and going to bed earlier than bongo.
    It will never happen
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    It will never happen
    I would have to go to bed before I got up

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody hell, Tone, if it weren't for bad luck us Boingerfolk would have had no luck at all this year.

With your present problem, do you know any friendly journalists who could sit in on your meeting with the School ?

Hope all goes well mate.

All the best Mick
    Thank you, Mick, and thank you all The Boingeristi, once again.

You're right about the bad luck that most people experience from time to time, Mick. Makes you value and appreciate the good times, though.

We had already told the school that when the meeting happens we will have an independent minutes taker there. Just need to think of the right person. We had also thought about getting a newspaper involved. Can't think off-hand of a friendly journo, but will get our thinking heads on. It'd be great to highlight what a bunch of twats they are to a big audience!

A bit of progress today.....The Children's Hospital came good. The more senior doctor we spoke to last night was true to his word and spoke with the little one's consultant. He told him that it's not a gastro issue, but medical. So they've written to the numpty reluctant GP telling them that they have to do a referral to the medical team and then they will get him in quickly and do intensive screening and tests. So, good, bad, indifferent, hopefully we'll soon know exactly what the issue is and how to address it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Glass half full Mick 👍 without trying to be an intolerable boar "as usual" , things can always be far worse.
    Several of us, you more than most, have got ongoing crap, but still soldering on.
    No I haven't found religion, I just refuse to be beaten. Except at hitting the bucket, drinking the cleary, staying up longer than baldy, and going to bed earlier than bongo.
    You're so right, Jamie, and I trust your recovery is going well?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cool Thanks to all again.

Chaps, thank you once again for your most kind words and gestures. They really are a huge help and mean so much. Fingers crossed and trying to think positively and hoping for the best possible outcome.

Not enough time to do a deserved individual response to each of you lovely people as I promised the little 'un that I'd watch a film of his choice with him (luckily he quite likes Westerns), but be assured that every single one of the messages is appreciated and well received and I love ya all to bits.

Off for now, speaky tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Chaps, thank you once again for your most kind words and gestures. They really are a huge help and mean so much. Fingers crossed and trying to think positively and hoping for the best possible outcome.

Not enough time to do a deserved individual response to each of you lovely people as I promised the little 'un that I'd watch a film of his choice with him (luckily he quite likes Westerns), but be assured that every single one of the messages is appreciated and well received and I love ya all to bits.

Off for now, speaky tomorrow.

Take care mate. Enjoy your western

Well said mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Take care mate. Enjoy your western
    Well, that's twice I've tried to watch Django and twice I've nodded off about half way in!

Nothing to do with not enjoying the film, just knackered. And once you finally sit down and get cosy for the day........

Very funny film in places.....

Boinger bash 2019?

Complete and utter newbie so please be gentle. Having read many times the friendly goings on at this long running event I've decided to see for myself what all the fuss is about. Assuming that is there is a 'Bash' in 2019?

Any guidance welcome. Thanks in advance.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhamster View Post
    Complete and utter newbie so please be gentle. Having read many times the friendly goings on at this long running event I've decided to see for myself what all the fuss is about. Assuming that is there is a 'Bash' in 2019?

The only guidance you will need is the directions to get there Sir. There is indeed a Bash in 2019, in fact, there will be four Have a look at the 1st page on this thread and it will give you the general idea. The next Bash will be in April and most likely on the first weekend of the month. Watch this space/thread for now and the New Year Mick (T20) will start up The April Bash thread. You will be made most welcome and I guarantee once you’ve been...... it will just be the first of many more to come for you.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    The only guidance you will need is the directions to get there Sir. There is indeed a Bash in 2019, in fact, there will be four Have a look at the 1st page on this thread and it will give you the general idea. The next Bash will be in April and most likely on the first weekend of the month. Watch this space/thread for now and the New Year Mick (T20) will start up The April Bash thread. You will be made most welcome and I guarantee once you’ve been...... it will just be the first of many more to come for you.
    Damn right brother Paul, hal Le looya
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Did somebody mention bad luck? I was happily driving along the M61 on Wednesday afternoon when a tosser driving a BMW decided to take a nap. I was doing 60 and he was doing well over 70. I saw him rapidly approach in the outside lane and then he just drifted over and slammed into the back of my van. The impact was staggering. So now I have pain everywhere and a much shorter van than I started with. He was very apologetic despite me calling him a total Ray. Lucky he hit me really or his next stop would have been a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhamster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Couldn't have put it better myself, Pauly, except maybe for the addition of a complimentary "BOING".

And a very warm welcome, Rockhamster.