Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Did somebody mention bad luck? I was happily driving along the M61 on Wednesday afternoon when a tosser driving a BMW decided to take a nap. I was doing 60 and he was doing well over 70. I saw him rapidly approach in the outside lane and then he just drifted over and slammed into the back of my van. The impact was staggering. So now I have pain everywhere and a much shorter van than I started with. He was very apologetic despite me calling him a total Ray. Lucky he hit me really or his next stop would have been a tree.
    Ouch!

So sorry to hear this, Steve.. Unfortunately, plenty more morons like this on the road.

Hope your aches and pains subside in swift fashion.

Is the van fixable?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhamster View Post
    Complete and utter newbie so please be gentle. Having read many times the friendly goings on at this long running event I've decided to see for myself what all the fuss is about. Assuming that is there is a 'Bash' in 2019?

Any guidance welcome. Thanks in advance.
    This time last year I was a complete newbie too. It was NewPaul who persuaded me to attend the bash last October and I haven't missed one since. A brief summary if you attend a bash. 1. You get to meet a shed load of awesome people consisting of virtually no anoraks!!!! 2. You get to see and shoot some amazing air rifles from all genres (especially if unframed Dave is present). 3. You get to experience the infamous Cleary juice!!! 4. You get to try your luck at hitting the famous Quigley bucket set out at no less than 75 yards!!! And last but by no means least you get to meet the absolute Diamonds Mick and Shirl who put on the bash!!!. Go for it, you won't regret!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, that's twice I've tried to watch Django and twice I've nodded off about half way in!

Nothing to do with not enjoying the film, just knackered. And once you finally sit down and get cosy for the day........

Very funny film in places.....
    I actually managed to watch the rest of it last night with him.

Very funny, very far-fetched in places but entertaining.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Remembrance Day

Any of you chaps doing anything?

I'm going down to our market square shortly. There's a lovely memorial there and commemorative service happening. Local Legion there, parades by service people and laying of wreaths etc.

Never really had much of a chance to do it before, with working many Sundays and it's worked out fittingly with it being the 100 years' commemoration.

Did somebody mention bad luck? I was happily driving along the M61 on Wednesday afternoon when a tosser driving a BMW decided to take a nap. I was doing 60 and he was doing well over 70. I saw him rapidly approach in the outside lane and then he just drifted over and slammed into the back of my van. The impact was staggering. So now I have pain everywhere and a much shorter van than I started with. He was very apologetic despite me calling him a total Ray. Lucky he hit me really or his next stop would have been a tree.
    Will you be setting your tent up in Brokeback corner now you've had your back doors smashed in, Steve ?

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Any of you chaps doing anything?

I'm going down to our market square shortly. There's a lovely memorial there and commemorative service happening. Local Legion there, parades by service people and laying of wreaths etc.

Never really had much of a chance to do it before, with working many Sundays and it's worked out fittingly with it being the 100 years' commemoration.
    Not this year tone, normally, but we're on our way to argentina today.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Will you be setting your tent up in Brokeback corner now you've had your back doors smashed in, Steve ?

Oof! Too soon?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Not this year tone, normally, but we're on our way to argentina today.

Dave
    Have a fantastic holiday, Dave.

The service and parades at our little town event were quite good. Obviously nothing like the capital, but good, and there were plenty of people there.

The wife had said that she wouldn't want to come as she would find it too upsetting. Her great grandfather was killed in WW1 (we visited his grave in Roclincourt in 2014). But a few minutes before I went she said she wanted to come. Her great granddad's name is on the memorial in our market square.

Glad I went.

Quite a nice day off.......

You know my reluctance of online ordering etc?......

Well, on Tuesday I thought I'd ring A&M Custom Gunsmiths to see if they had any of the Baracuda FTs in. I first visited there last year where I bought some pellets and another Crosman 1377. Ady and Mandy run the business from home and are most friendly and accomodating. When I spoke to Mandy on Tuesday she said she'd look into it as they hadn't stocked them as yet. I rang her on Friday and she said that she had ordered them and they'd arrived on Thursday. They do open on Sundays by appointment. When I asked if I could collect today she said no problem. So I rang first and went to collect them...it's just over 15 minutes down the road.

Well, again, what a lovely and friendly couple they are. Although small, the place is absolutely RAMMED with stuff. And, as their overheads are low, this is reflected in the prices too. And they also said that, if they're at home they're happy to open anytime.

Although I could have stayed and chatted for ages, as Ady's so friendly and very knowledgeable, I had to make a hasty retreat as I had a little Supersport lined up for fettle and there were far too many things in the shop just winking at me, like a brace of Diana pistols - a 5 and a 6.

Got home and did the Beesa fettle. The little .22 powerhouse had been running far too close for comfort. A couple of coils off then flattened and polished the end. If it had ended up at even 9.5 / 10 I'd have been happy as it'll only be used down the garden or if I ever got a close range ratty perm.

Result....a very nice, consistent 585fps with 'Domes and 10.8. Cocking effort reduced and it's much, much sweeter to shoot. Ran out of daylight but will try with a few more pellet types and have a plinky on Tuesday, but I reckon that it's job done on the little Beesa for now.

Next on the list.........de-twang that Gamo!

Just read this, are you ok bud? There's some right nob heads on the road. Hope you're alright matey.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Just read this, are you ok bud? There's some right nob heads on the road. Hope you're alright matey.

Chris
    He's just attention seeking Chris, I wouldn't humour him
    I knew one day I'd be able to return the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    He's just attention seeking Chris, I wouldn't humour him
    I knew one day I'd be able to return the compliment
    How's my favourite Cornishman? Hope you've been taking it easy bud

Just lazing around in the hammock's, soaking up the endless sun, sipping rum runners, usual stuff Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Just lazing around in the hammock's, soaking up the endless sun, sipping rum runners, usual stuff Chris.
    Sun....... What's that then?

You know my reluctance of online ordering etc?......

Well, on Tuesday I thought I'd ring A&M Custom Gunsmiths to see if they had any of the Baracuda FTs in. I first visited there last year where I bought some pellets and another Crosman 1377. Ady and Mandy run the business from home and are most friendly and accomodating. When I spoke to Mandy on Tuesday she said she'd look into it as they hadn't stocked them as yet. I rang her on Friday and she said that she had ordered them and they'd arrived on Thursday. They do open on Sundays by appointment. When I asked if I could collect today she said no problem. So I rang first and went to collect them...it's just over 15 minutes down the road.

Well, again, what a lovely and friendly couple they are. Although small, the place is absolutely RAMMED with stuff. And, as their overheads are low, this is reflected in the prices too. And they also said that, if they're at home they're happy to open anytime.

Although I could have stayed and chatted for ages, as Ady's so friendly and very knowledgeable, I had to make a hasty retreat as I had a little Supersport lined up for fettle and there were far too many things in the shop just winking at me, like a brace of Diana pistols - a 5 and a 6.

Got home and did the Beesa fettle. The little .22 powerhouse had been running far too close for comfort. A couple of coils off then flattened and polished the end. If it had ended up at even 9.5 / 10 I'd have been happy as it'll only be used down the garden or if I ever got a close range ratty perm.

Result....a very nice, consistent 585fps with 'Domes and 10.8. Cocking effort reduced and it's much, much sweeter to shoot. Ran out of daylight but will try with a few more pellet types and have a plinky on Tuesday, but I reckon that it's job done on the little Beesa for now.

Next on the list.........de-twang that Gamo!
    Sounds like a great day to me Tone