Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Sun....... What's that then?

What is that indeed???? We had enough rain to sink a battleship the last few days

I can't believe that it's only just over two weeks since our last get-together, peeps. It seems so much longer ago now.

And one hell of a wait until the next one.

Won't even bother assembling the Sleepometer for ages - it'll be scary numbers time!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I can't believe that it's only just over two weeks since our last get-together, peeps. It seems so much longer ago now.

And one hell of a wait until the next one.

Won't even bother assembling the Sleepometer for ages - it'll be scary numbers time!
    I think you'll have to change the name from 'sleepometer' to 'Rip Van Winkelometer'.

That wee gunshop that you visited last week, sounds like a great place. Long may those kinds of places flourish and people patronise them as they are getting few and far between.

Hope things are starting to improve for you, Tone.

A' the Best

Graeme

Yep, certainly a nice little shop.

As I said, it's small but absolutely crammed with lovely airgunnery goodness. I spotted a load of silencers in "the white" that were in various stages of readiness. I think Ady said that they supply quite a few PCP makers directly.

And it's so nice to be able to talk with gunshop owners who are knowledgeable about airguns as opposed to just selling stuff. And their pellet storage area is HUGE!

Things are no better, Graeme; cheers for asking. We're just trying to be positive about likely outcomes. Awaiting GPs to confirm that the letter has arrived from the Children's Hospital so they can get him referred and we can get him properly diagnosed.

Playing the waiting game re the forthcoming meeting at school. We're in no great hurry. The social worker will let us know what dates she can get sorted. The wife spoke to the co-ordinator for the tutors today. The ones that have been seeing Frankie on a regular basis for many months now. And, like he says, surely if there had been issues at home, they would have been aware of them? It's all brewing nicely and we've amounted so much stuff that the school are going to be looking very embarrassed once we present them with all this proof.

They've stirred a hornet's nest and, not only do we want them to back off with their silly games, but we probably won't be satisfied until a head or four have rolled! Watch this space...
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post

That wee gunshop that you visited last week, sounds like a great place. Long may those kinds of places flourish and people patronise them as they are getting few and far between.

Graeme
    So very nicely put, Graeme, and deserving of an extra reply, methinks.

Although I was aware of them, I just thought they did silencers / customising. But, maybe a little over a year ago, when looking at the website I realised that they also sold mainstream guns, pellets, scopes, accessories etc. I was stunned at the quantity and range of stuff stocked. A fair few tired looking boinger "projects" too.

And, when you ring, they're quite happy to just order stuff in for you in a very relaxed manner. No deposit, no name taken etc....all done on trust.

As said on my earlier post, prices are competitive, too. So, prior to any Bashes, if any of you nice peeps wanted to order anything from them, I'll collect and deliver to Her Quigliness. Absolutely no connection or financial interest, by the way.

Fingers crossed for some further Supersport playtime tomorrow.

Plan is to check the power with JSB RS and Hobbies and then a re-zeroing and plinking session.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Fingers crossed for some further Supersport playtime tomorrow.

Plan is to check the power with JSB RS and Hobbies and then a re-zeroing and plinking session.
    Fingers crossed for you Tone, you could certainly do with a break given your recent goings on
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Aha, yes, thank you my good friend. A little boingery therapy will be just what's needed.

Have you managed to get any shooting in recently, Pauly?

I manage to get out a couple of times a week mate, I’ve got some squirrel feeders in a couple of locations which I visit, I was there today but as it’s fairly new I’m not getting the ‘customer’ base just yet. I was invited to a small air rifle target shoot in Gloucester yesterday but I was a bit too late after I’d been to our local Remembrance gathering/service/march. It’s in a clay shooting club apparently and not very regular but hopefully I’ll get to their next meet.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I manage to get out a couple of times a week mate, I’ve got some squirrel feeders in a couple of locations which I visit, I was there today but as it’s fairly new I’m not getting the ‘customer’ base just yet. I was invited to a small air rifle target shoot in Gloucester yesterday but I was a bit too late after I’d been to our local Remembrance gathering/service/march. It’s in a clay shooting club apparently and not very regular but hopefully I’ll get to their next meet.
    Nice to hear you're now getting out there more, Pauly, after getting settled in to your new surroundings and home.

Maybe you'll have to introduce some "tempting special opening offers" to get those customers in?

Hope the new club works out well and that the peeps are nice to my Pauly, otherwise they'll be in bovver!

And lovely to hear you attended your local Remembrance commemoration.

Any ladies yet?

Too many sleeps to go!

Far too many!

BOING!

Nice to hear you're now getting out there more, Pauly, after getting settled in to your new surroundings and home.

Maybe you'll have to introduce some "tempting special opening offers" to get those customers in?

Hope the new club works out well and that the peeps are nice to my Pauly, otherwise they'll be in bovver!

And lovely to hear you attended your local Remembrance commemoration.

Any ladies yet?
    Maybe I need to scatter squirrel versions of Nuts Magazine around to draw ‘em in Tone

I’ll give the club another go but as it’s a bit of a journey, I can’t see it being a regular thing but who knows.

Ladies - you mean in plural ? , I wish. Nah, I’m happy enough in my own little world for now matey

So you've got a few pellets in (70,000 ish) 🙄 not sure how that happened, but......
    Obviously I'm not going to get through them in a hurry. I don't want them to start oxidizing so I'm thinking spray them with something? Wd40, that horrible smelling German stuff? Any suggestions?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    So you've got a few pellets in (70,000 ish) 🙄 not sure how that happened, but......
    Obviously I'm not going to get through them in a hurry. I don't want them to start oxidizing so I'm thinking spray them with something? Wd40, that horrible smelling German stuff? Any suggestions?
    WD40. 70k pellets whizzing off in random directions trailing smoke.

AWESOME!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    WD40. 70k pellets whizzing off in random directions trailing smoke.

AWESOME!

Sounds like serious fun. I'm spraying mine now