Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    There's a fair point. Would be cool if he is

I'm there on the 25th.
    Certainly would Will I’m pretty certain I won’t be making it now.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Tone - will you be at, or need to be at the Motorcycle show in Birmingham this/next week ? I did plan to go but don’t think I will be now. To be honest I was only going to pick up an Optimate, oh....... and an MCN girl (or two)
    Hey Pauly,

Doubtful this year matey with all the stuff that's going off; especially if we were to finally get the referral through for the little one to go to the hospital.

I would really have liked to be able to go and I'd be seeing things very differently with my BMW hat on! Having said that, we already have our two key models in the showroom - the R1250 GS we've had for weeks and the new GS Adventure arrived today. Still, it would have been lovely to see the other new models in the flesh, especially that new 1000RR.

MCN girls always lovely. The next time we're able to talk privately, ask me to tell you about my very nice personal encounter with two of these lovelies back in 2006.

If you can, do get yourself there, I'm sure you'd have a good time. Not a cheap do these days, though, with the high entrance fee and extortionate car parking charges.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

I'm there on the 25th.
    Have a great time there, Will.

By the way, if you were to wander onto the Ducati stand and there's a slimy looking grey haired knob head on the clothing stand - give him a kick in the nuts from me!

Two guesses who that might be!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Sad times

Some of you already know via other social media threads, however just to put you all in the loop after getting home after the last bash, George the spaniel had to be put to sleep. During the time emptying the van he managed to do something to his back leg which looked like a possible severe sprain or dislocation.
    Monday morning saw no improvement so it was a case of whipping him down to the vets for a once over. The outcome being that he was in pain from other conditions like kidneys and liver that it was decided that at almost 15yrs it would be better to let him go and have the long sleep of dogs.
    Will we get another, not sure have to see how things are after Christmas.
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    HW 95 .22 AA S410K .177 FX Wildcat .22 HW30 .177 HW90 .25 FX Maverick2

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Cleary View Post
    Some of you already know via other social media threads, however just to put you all in the loop after getting home after the last bash, George the spaniel had to be put to sleep. During the time emptying the van he managed to do something to his back leg which looked like a possible severe sprain or dislocation.
    Monday morning saw no improvement so it was a case of whipping him down to the vets for a once over. The outcome being that he was in pain from other conditions like kidneys and liver that it was decided that at almost 15yrs it would be better to let him go and have the long sleep of dogs.
    Very sorry to hear that. The last bash of the year's been followed by some really crappy goings on. Best wishes to all concerned.

So, so sorry to hear this, Papa.

Having lost my beloved Brem just 3 months ago I know exactly how you must all be feeling right now. And I know you have been through it previously also. Like Chris, Baldinio, has said a couple of times recently, it's so sad that our best friends' life span is so much shorter than ours. And I know we never truly get over the loss.

Having met George a couple of times it must be said he was a lovely dog and his little face was so full of expression and so much enjoyed a fuss. And I enjoyed talking with Mrs Cleary about George's exploits.

My heart goes out to all the family at this very sad time. Rest in peace, George. Your pain is gone now and you can look down on the family who you meant so much to and who gave you so much love. The pain will subside and the happy memories of good times shared will be forever treasured.

That's a shame mate, I spent a few minutes fussing him at the bash, lovely old spaniel, I've got 3 springers myself and I would be devastated if I lost one, but I know it's part of owning a dog and you definitely did the best thing for him, I bet the house seems very empty at the moment, it's amazing how much of your day they occupy, I look forward to meeting your new puppy at the next bash, atb Daz

Thank you for the info and sorry for the slow reply. I will watch and pay close attention and will be coming to my first 'Bash' with any luck.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    So sorry to hear this mate
    Pete

Sad news Phil, only met George a few times, but he seemed a character.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Don't think I ever met George but my sincere condolences for him. All the best, Ted.

So sorry to hear about George mate, he was such a lovely, happy little guy. My thoughts are with you.

Chris x

Continuing thoughts for you and the family, Phil.

Boing to the top

Spent an interesting evening wild camping at the weekend, tried hammock camping for the first time. Of course it would have been better with a bigger fire lots of beer and 30 or so boingeratyers

Great to hear you had an enjoyable camping weekend, Chris.