Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1382

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash 2018 --- Event and Payment Details

Good luck Tone.

Hi Tony
    Best wishes and a speedy recovery for your wife xx.
    Atb
    Les..

I hate quacks!

Thank you for your kind comments, peeps.

So, Mrs got transferred to Doncaster. I got there at about 3.30pm and stayed until about 8.30 tonight.

Around tea-time this doctor came round and said that the options would be to maybe remove the gall bladder tomorrow(as long as no urgent emergencies arise) or to treat with anti-biotics for now to reduce the infection with a view to doing the op in about three weeks' time. Wifey decided to try and get it done tomorrow. Quite rightly, methinks, as if the pain gets as bad as last night / this morning again, we'd only have to go again so better to get it done now? The pain subsided this afternoon following plenty of morphine.

Anyways, got home around 9.20. Young Frankie helped me feed the moggies, clean litter trays out, empty bins etc., leaving me to do the last job......feed the bloody ducks. She has two of these bloody runner ducks now. Anyway, all was going well until I was getting the grain for them. Now, our lass loves clutter. She's brill at cramming lots of stuff in a very organised fashion into impossibly small areas. Which is all fine and good whilst it's just her accessing things.......Whilst getting a bit more grain, scooping it from a large container with a little bucket (we're talking about two and a bit feet high, very little clearance over the top of the container and I'm crouched down) it happened.....My footing went, I went arse over tit, feet sliding out forwards in front of me! Result.....I banged the back of my head on the duck enclosure and my shoulder blades and back (which were already killing) on the shiny paving slabs so now I'm hurting like mad! And the back of my jeans covered in slimy crap!

Bloody marvellous, eh? I reckon they can go and get themselves fed elsewhere tomorrow night.

Like I said, I hate quacks!

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Ducks go very well a l'orange mate

How predictable, Chris.

And funny and true!

I wonder if she'd spot the difference if I put a couple of dummy ones in there?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Off for a tab, a swig of JD and then bed and see if my bloody back's any better in the morning.

Nite nite lovely peeps. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How predictable, Chris.

And funny and true!

I wonder if she'd spot the difference if I put a couple of dummy ones in there?
    Just tell her they flew South for the winter mate sleep well bud, hope the back is better tomorrow

Chris x

So.....My footing went, I went arse over tit, feet sliding out forwards in front of me! Result.....I BANGED the BACK of my HEAD on the DUCK enclosure and my shoulder blades and back (which were already killing) on the shiny paving slabs so now I'm hurting like mad! And the back of my jeans covered in slimy crap!

Bloody marvellous, eh? I reckon they can go and get themselves fed elsewhere tomorrow night.

Like I said, I hate quacks!

BOING![/QUOTE]

.... you should've DUCKED, Tone!🤣 Anyway I hope you're feeling better now and my best wishes for your wife to have a satisfactory recovery
    Kind Regards. Graeme

Excellent thought there, Chris; might give it a go.

And thank you for your continuing well-wishes, peeps.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Tone, sounds like you’re all going through the wars over there in Retford mate. I hope you and the Missus have a speedy recovery.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Cheers, Pauly.

Operation got cancelled yesterday. She's on this type of list linked in with A&E / emergency ops. Fingers crossed that they can do it today, as she's really not happy.

My back etc is killing, but like many on here, is a long- term on-going issue anyways, so just have to put up with it.

Hope you is having a great time there, matey.

Cant wait for 9pm. Officially break up for xmas and 11 days off jimbo is home on leave tonight so off to the pub with him and the eldest son and some old mates to buy the lad a legal pint now hes 18. Im almost feeling festive..... (bah humbug) hope your missus gets her op today tone sending you a big cyber hug mate.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Cant wait for 9pm. Officially break up for xmas and 11 days off jimbo is home on leave tonight so off to the pub with him and the eldest son and some old mates to buy the lad a legal pint now hes 18. Im almost feeling festive..... (bah humbug) hope your missus gets her op today tone sending you a big cyber hug mate.

Chris
    Have yourself a jolly good Chrimbo break, Chris. And Young Jimbo, 18 and legal, eh? Marvellous! Enjoy your drinkies matey and don't let Jimbo have TOO many.

Yep, the op went ahead.......Around lunchtime the anaesthetist turned up and went through the usual stuff that they go through, but couldn't promise at that point that it would go ahead due to the nature of the emergency list. But then a doctor turned up a little later (still couldn't guarantee it) and then the porter turned up at around 1.30 (I think). She came back from theatre at about 5.00pm. Groggy and in and out of sleep, but okay. Just before I left at just after eight, she'd had something to eat and seemed much more with it. I expect we'll see the doctors tomorrow and, as long as they're happy with everything, she should be coming home.

Then the tricky bit when the lack of quacking noises from the back garden dawns on her......Well, they sorta flew off, in'it?

And doesn't the Christmas roast bird seem darker this year!

Lightbulb Getting nearlier, nearly there (ish)

The wait from the last Bash of the year until the Spring Bash is always most agonisingly long, but at least once today's done we'll have another countdown marker ticked off; the shortest day.

Then, the next ten days usually passes by in a hurried sort of blurr with Chrimbo and the New Year and, before you know it, we'll be mid-January and getting ever closer to our first lovely meet up of 2019.

Can't wait Me Lovely BoingerPeeps!!!!

BOING!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Then the tricky bit when the lack of quacking noises from the back garden dawns on her......Well, they sorta flew off, in'it?

And doesn't the Christmas roast bird seem darker this year!
    That had me laughing out loud this morning. Be careful about the “flying away” story though Tone, aren’t they Runner Ducks ?.

I’m pleased the operation happened for Sarah, hopefully now she isn’t in the pain that she was mate.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22