Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW 90 K in 0.22 cal

HW 90 K in 0.22 cal

Hello folks , does anyone know how to find out the different types of rifle that were produced, because the one I have just got I can't see no serial No on it .
    It has no small locking set screw on the main set screw at the front of the trigger that holds the action to the stock.
    It does have hullcartidge stamp on the barrel , also the stamping on the breech block is in gold.
    I can do photo's if it helps but I don't know how to post.
    I would like to date the rifle .
    Ohh it has had the inertia weight removed (This has a small hole through the centre) .
    Thanks for your interest. Maz.

Theoben sometimes had the serial number under the breech block next to the cocking link. might be worth a try looking there .

That’s odd. I thought HW break-barrels usually had a serial number on the barrel or breech block.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That’s odd. I thought HW break-barrels usually had a serial number on the barrel or breech block.
    If you buy a new barrel from say sportwaffen or even chambers will it have a serial number ? I have heard of some HW rifles with no serial number and the reason was given as what I had typed here .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    If you buy a new barrel from say sportwaffen or even chambers will it have a serial number ? I have heard of some HW rifles with no serial number and the reason was given as what I had typed here .
    Good point. That could explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Theoben sometimes had the serial number under the breech block next to the cocking link. might be worth a try looking there .
    Had a look there and nothing is there

The inertia weight missing is probably intention as it shoots better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by maz001471 View Post
    Had a look there and nothing is there
    It's probably one of them counterfeit HW90s, Maz.

Scratch the paint off with your thumb nail, and there's a Chinese Webley (a Chebley) underneath.

A bit more info, I rang hull cartridge and spoke to them he asked on barrel length so I measured it , it is 410mm long so he says it will be an older one as newer ones have a 310mm barrel.
    He also said send some pics to weihrauch via email to get a response.
    Another thing he told me all stamping of info i.e serial No and hull cartridge is done at weihrauch.
    I will update the thread as I find out more.

I recently bought a new hw 80 .20 cal barrel from Chambers the the block is stamped with the usual information, but there is no serial number stamped on the barrel.

Hello folks , does anyone know how to find out the different types of rifle that were produced, because the one I have just got I can't see no serial No on it .
    It has no small locking set screw on the main set screw at the front of the trigger that holds the action to the stock.
    It does have hullcartidge stamp on the barrel , also the stamping on the breech block is in gold.
    I would like to date the rifle .
    Ohh it has had the inertia weight removed (This has a small hole through the centre) .
    Thanks for your interest. Maz.
    Read the stickies, it's in there, or do a search there have been loads of threads on how to, with a host site & copy/paste a link.

Hw90k

I have an HW90K which was bought new from Uttings in 2000 if memory serves me well. Serial number is stamped on the left hand side of the cylinder about 1" back from the breech bolt
    Last edited by ken69; 14-09-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Maz, I can post some pics of the rifle if you want mate. Yes it is me the previous owner. Sorry I don't have any more info for you apart form the previous owners address. I can PM you it if needed.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Basharbob View Post
    Maz, I can post some pics of the rifle if you want mate. Yes it is me the previous owner. Sorry I don't have any more info for you apart form the previous owners address. I can PM you it if needed.
    Rob
    Hi , yes that would be good , do you need me to send the pics over to you .
    And the contact details of the previous owner will be a great help.
    Cheers Maz.

Photo's check...