Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello.

Hello.

Hi everybody.
    Thought i had better say hello, my first "post"
    I am fairly new to airgunning, live in Devon and have got an Air arms S400 which is still trying to teach me how to shoot straight. It's a lot better shot than i am. Must say this is just about the best site i have found for getting info out of the web on airguns. Keep it up.

Steve.

Hello Mr Stumpy!

Have you tried moving closer to the barn?

Welcome Stumpy. Don't worry the 400 will show you how to do it. It's easy! Just ask any FT shooter, nothing to it.

Erm.........only kidding. Honest.
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Mike H Guest
    Welcome Stumpy
    Mike.

Welcome mate. Good choice of rifle.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Stumpy

Ma .bothers cat was called Stumpy, Only had half a tail. AA Simply the best . Welcome to the BBS.
    AAMAN

Smile you son of a bitch.

1SHOT Guest
    Welcome STUMPY,

Don't wait till you can shoot 10 shots in a 1" group at 35yds or we may never hear from you again !

Keep on at it and you will be ok.

Hello Stumpy,

I'm new here as well and I'd like to say hello to you and everyone else. My greeting kinda got lost in the US Nationals thread so I thought I'd jump in here and say hi as well.

My name is Billy Lo, been shooting USFT with AAFTA on and off since 2001. I've built up a nice arsenal of airguns over the years and its hard to stop! Just too much fun and just too accurate. Met lots of great people over the years and all over the country. Looking forward to meeting fellow FT shoots from all over the world as well. I shoot many different weapons from flintlock smoothbores to full auto's when I'm lucky enough. I live about 60 miles north of NYC and 90 miles from the club that is hosting the US Nationals next year. I'm also a hunter and I've written a few stories that have been published in a few magazines here in the US.

With the US Nationals I'm responsible for fun side shoots as well as awards, begging for donors and setting up any special tours or trips should there be an interest after or before the match.

I have some serious nerve damage injuries from an on the job incident and shooting with the price harness here in the US has gotten be back behind the trigger again after years of giving up thoughts of ever shooting again. I am going to try to wean myself off it so I can one day shoot in the UK and or at a worlds match. I'm sure I'll be asking questions in the future and I hope you guys don't mind a former colonial browsing the forum and asking some basic questions on BFTA rules, etc.

Thanks much and great to be here.

Billy Lo

1SHOT Guest
    Welcome BILLY LO,

Nice to see someone else is still awake !!

It gets kinda lonley on here at this time of night !! If you are in the UK like me that is.

Hey One Shot,

What time is it by you 0330? Hey I see you have an HW100, how do you like it? I think that's next on my list of must haves.

Billy

1SHOT Guest
    2.37AM MATE,
    HW100 is redundant, got myself a RWS500 (DAYSTATE RANGER) @ 50FT/LB ODD.

HW100 is a very nice gun though.

It's gonna be up for sale very soon though, as i am putting together another 'must have' shopping list.

SAKO QUAD .17HMR/.22WMR
    G22 .22LR
    .22 HORNET CF
    .223 - DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE YET !
    ALREADY BOUGHT AND PAID FOR A 12G SEMI-AUTO SHOTTIE (LOCAL RFD HOLDING IT FOR ME)
    NV SCOPE ATTACHMENT
    5 NEW SCOPES

I'm just waiting for a nice payment from a building contractor to come in then i'm going shopping !!

BSA LIGHTNING was sold at the weekend for £65 scoped !

Regards

Dave (1SHOT)

Hey Dave,

That Sako quad sure sounds good. I have one of their Tikka t-3 hunters in .308 with a beautiful curly walnut stock. Shoots as well as my M40A1, well almost but that's splitting hairs. The little barrel heats up fast and the third shot goes a little off but its still shoots sub moa.

Let me know what you want for that HW100 and what style stock is it in? I do have a buddy coming over next month from England. :-)

Thanks,
    Billy

Welcome aboard STUMPY.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Welcome to the madhouse....! If you live in Plymouth, you might like to visit Dartmoor Marksmen Club near South Brent. Check out our website at
    www.dartmoormarksmen.co.uk
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Bean Guest
    Hello to Stumpy & Billy Lo