Thread: 'My brain hurts'.

'My brain hurts'.

O.K. so on Tuesday night I was shooting 10m pistol @ Rochdale AGC. I was shot several cards and one was a 43 ( 3 x 10, 1 x 9 plus a FOUR! ) Now I didn't call the 4 and wondered if I had put the pellet in the wrong way round. (Silver coloured pellet into a silver, LP400 action with my bad lamps ). Quite possible.
    Last night, to prove my theory I deliberately loaded a pellet (RWS Basic) into my Walther LP400 the WRONG WAY ROUND expecting to miss the black and scored a 10. This was witnessed. I then let the witness load another pellet the wrong way round and scored another 10. The next shot, pellet reverse loaded scored an 8 the next another 8 and the last a 7.

Why do I bother sizing my pellets when it doesn't matter which way round I shoot them?

Try it. You may be amazed.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Maybe try them sideways
    Or roll them cylindrical first

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Maybe try them sideways
    Or roll them cylindrical first
    Mock yeah may!

Now, do these reverse pellets in the breech do a 180 degrees before hitting the target or do the do the whole 10m in reverse?

I was at a coaching session more than 20 years ago, a discussion started about carefully selecting pellets for your pistol and was it worth paying for premium pellets to practice. Some international pistol shooting chap was there and he said it's the practice that counts, not the pellet. He demonstrated this by selecting one of each of the seven types of pellets available and three random ones he loaded backwards and shot about a 95. In a pistol I've used hobby pellets ever since.

Ok - Just done a little experiment. I can confirm that the pellets are still in reverse at 10m. Accuracy looks to be little effected. There is slight elongation of the holes as if the pellet is yawing, my guess is that it would turn round in another few metres.

This was offhand with my Walther CP2 with hobby pellets, six all touching within the 9 ring, five spread about out to the 6 ring which was me.

Certainly make me less worried about putting one in the wrong way round.

I rest my case.

Pellets

How long have I been saying people waste their time choosing pellets, let alone sizing them! I rest my case, shit pellets are more accurate than 99% of people! Note, Hippo may be different!
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

This is my old CP 2, clamped to a post at 10m with four different pellets. The bottom groups are all five shots, the top group is 8 shots, two from each tin.

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    How long have I been saying people waste their time choosing pellets, let alone sizing them! I rest my case, shit pellets are more accurate than 99% of people! Note, Hippo may be different!
    J.
    I only include humans. ;-)

Hippo

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I only include humans. ;-)
    He is not human, he is a cyborg sent from the future to kick our arses at pistol shooting!😂
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Backwards thinking!

Ian

For years, I have with great amusement read the comments of people who individually weigh their pellets, and also those who size them, usually club level fun shooters, and knowing that it makes diddly squat difference have always avoided commenting, thinking OK, they are happy doing it, and it keeps them amused!

I've watched at MEC world level shooters training, and shooting world level scores, some times higher than they do in matches, and just picking pellets from a tin! And, they even put the odd one in backwards and can't be bothered to take them out so shoot them and yes they do still go in middle! I've had people we are coaching say they've put one in backwards, and they get, just shoot it!

Good quality pellets do make a difference, but weighing, and sizing, nothing, but it keeps you happy and me amused.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Ian

Good quality pellets do make a difference, but weighing, and sizing, nothing, but it keeps you happy and me amused.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Oh, I do hope Ive not spoilt your amusement.

I love it when buying pellets some people state 'I want 4.52s as my gun wont shoot 4.51s' Personally I go off the batch numbers for my rifle pellets. I can see Mr Helmet Willie sat in the German pellet factory with his micrometer sizing each individual pellet then putting them in the 4.50, 4.51 and 4.52 piles.

I shoot RWS Basics @ under £3.50/500. I dont think they even have a head size on the tin. Ive tried R10s (£8+ ) with no noticeable improvement. I admit I do size them but that only because it keeps me busy and out of mischief (most of the time ).

ATB
    Ian

Geco vs Meisterkugeln vs R10

Fwb P34 held in a pistol rest, 10 shots of each pellet.

http://imgur.com/a/h3zciN5

http://imgur.com/a/cOvO2AP

http://imgur.com/a/tebGSIb

If only I could shoot like this without the rest!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?