Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Rekord trigger experts in?

Any Rekord trigger experts in?

Finished sorting my dads '77 out this evening.
    It's all back together and shooting sweet.
    I'm really impressed with it but.......
    The trigger is horrible, I didn't strip the trigger, I gave it a spray with some light oil, (just a drop)
    It's got a long heavy first stage with no obvious second stage, I mean it just goes off.
    It's not predictable at all and kept catching me out.
    I've not idea about what to adjust here and don't just want to start turning things.
    I'm assuming the alloy screw behind the blade adjusts the second stage weight?
    Any ideas?
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Finished sorting my dads '77 out this evening.
    It's all back together and shooting sweet.
    I'm really impressed with it but.......
    The trigger is horrible, I didn't strip the trigger, I gave it a spray with some light oil, (just a drop)
    It's got a long heavy first stage with no obvious second stage, I mean it just goes off.
    It's not predictable at all and kept catching me out.
    I've not idea about what to adjust here and don't just want to start turning things.
    I'm assuming the alloy screw behind the blade adjusts the second stage weight?
    Any ideas?
    This may help

https://www.airgununiverse.uk/thread...rigger.176670/
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

2nd stage is governed by a small grubscrew in front of the trigger, you’ll need the stock
    Off. I’d start by winding it out half a turn. If you remove the entire trigger assembly from the action you can cock it and see how much it’s engaged through a viewing hole in the side plate.

I prefer to set them up off the gun, that way you can safely cock the trigger and fire.
    The little torx screw at the front determines second stage engagement, there is locking compound on these from new,so can be difficult to turn. By adjusting this you should be able to eliminate the trigger creep if present.
    The larger alloy screw at the back gives the trigger blade a bit more resistance, screw out too far and the trigger will be flapping about.

I've just been and tried it again
    It's like pulling a pillow through a barbed wire fence.
    It really is bad.
    Just one heavy stage and "bang" at some point.
    I'll pull it apart again and see what the sear engagement looks like
    What a shame it was going so well
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    I had a Rekord that was like that: the first stage pin in the trigger had dropped out. The trigger blades themselves aren't made of great material.

Yuo can see the pins in this animation:

https://youtu.be/_BlQRRciXMQ

The only way to check is to remove the trigger by knocking out the trigger pivot pin. If they have fallen out then it's a new blade to fix it.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I prefer to set them up off the gun, that way you can safely cock the trigger and fire.
    The little torx screw at the front determines second stage engagement, there is locking compound on these from new,so can be difficult to turn. By adjusting this you should be able to eliminate the trigger creep if present.
    The larger alloy screw at the back gives the trigger blade a bit more resistance, screw out too far and the trigger will be flapping about.
    I'm guessing the thread locks well gone
    Someone's proper messed with this.
    I wouldn't say there's anything but creep with this trigger
    Good deals with:

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    I had a Rekord that was like that: the first stage pin in the trigger had dropped out. The trigger blades themselves aren't made of great material.

Yuo can see the pins in this animation:

https://youtu.be/_BlQRRciXMQ

The only way to check is to remove the trigger by knocking out the trigger pivot pin. If they have fallen out then it's a new blade to fix it.

Thanks I will certainly check that. Something feels very wrong here
    Good deals with:

Firstly, does the trigger feel worse now than before working on the gun? If so, it may be that the sear at the bottom is catching on some stock material. Maybe? Also, are the trigger guard retaining screws screwed up too tight? Slacken them off a little and see how it feels.

Also, remove the trigger unit and give it a good soaking in some degreaser / solvent. It may be that the gunky original factory grease is still in there and gone well hard and even more gunky. Allow to drain and dry and then apply a little light machine / gun oil.

Then.....that small grub screw at the front bottom.....as stated above it controls the second sear engagement. Screwing it in, clockwise, lightens it. Only do it in tiny increments and keep checking that there is solid engagement through the hole as above.

The larger allow screw behind the blade controls the weight on the spring. Again, as described above, don't screw it out TOO far as the trigger will go floppy.

Great advice up above re doing many of the adjustments with the unit out of the gun, but don't be tempted to go too light. A safe, consistent and dependable trigger is what you want and not an unsafe / overlight / unpredictable one.

Hope this helps and be sure to report back in.
    Last edited by TonyL; 13-09-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up

Don't know if you're on Facebook but there's a lad on there that is a wizz with the Rekord unit, He's called Luke Jolly and will service them and make them soooo smooth!!

He's also a nice lad too unlike half of the eejits on there that force advice on things they've clearly never used or owned!!

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I think you'll find it's the trigger tension spring that sits under the alloy screw behind the trigger.

When overtightened for a protracted period the spring crushes, deforms and becomes ineffective.

If the sear engagement is out if adjustment as a singular fault you still get a distinct second stage but there's creep into the second stage until the sear releases.

Any problems pm me and I'll chat it over with you.

Can the Torx screw be wound in, or is it out on the Rekord, until the trigger releases in the first stage? I assume the heaviness is from the weight of pull screw being too far in.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Don't know if you're on Facebook but there's a lad on there that is a wizz with the Rekord unit, He's called Luke Jolly and will service them and make them soooo smooth!!

He's also a nice lad too unlike half of the eejits on there that force advice on things they've clearly never used or owned!!

John..
    +1 for Luke Jolly... he showed me how to tune the rekord trigger a couple years ago.. he really devoted a lot of time and effort to these triggers. I wouldn't hesitate to send him my trigger for a tune/rework... like John said, get him through Facebook.
    Donald

Daveo,

Remove trigger unit, clean and lube as others have said.

The is a round hole in the trigger case, and through it you can see how the sears engage.

You can cock the trigger by pressing down the top sear with the end of a Bic biro or similar non-metal item until it clicks

I would start by screwing in the weight adjuster a few turns to get the pressure up a bit.

I would back out the torx screw a few turns, then looking at the sears, see how they progress as you pull the trigger.

Adjust the torx screw until you have a crisp let off, then back a turn. This is to give you some margin when the trigger is in the rifle and under tension from the main-spring.

Return the trigger to the rifle, and then fine adjust the torx screw to give the let off you like - you do not have to put the stock back on while you are doing this adjustment, but please be careful !!

To get the ultimate cherry on the cake, send the trigger to Mr. Luke Jolly - it will return with a safe pull, set at 6 oz, and will be crisper than a very crispy thing

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Gentlemen's..

I'm getting there.
    I followed the advice of several of you and tried loosening the trigger guard bolts slightly
    No difference.
    I've pulled the trigger unit, degreased it and gave it a light oil, as suggested.
    Then I set the trigger using the tip of a biro, just the tip and only for a second!
    and observed through the observation orifice
    There was barely any engagement at all. Son of a diddily! Well there's your issue
    On this 1990 gun the torx grub screw isn't a torx at all but an Allen key grub screw and was very loose
    It may have altered itself as there was no resistance on the threads.
    Any who I blobbed abit of blue lock tight on the screw before I adjusted it.
    I got it feeling good out of the gun but things have changed now it's all back together
    It's quite heavy and has some creep now it has some load on the Sears
    But all it not lost, I know what I'm on with now and I can't be arsed taking the stock off again tonight.
    Thank you gentlemen for your assistance
    I did notice a nasty looking burr on one of the Sears but I'm not stripping the trigger
    It will be good enough for the girls I go out with
    Good deals with: