Thread: Any Rekord trigger experts in?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any Rekord trigger experts in?

Finished sorting my dads '77 out this evening.
    It's all back together and shooting sweet.
    I'm really impressed with it but.......
    The trigger is horrible, I didn't strip the trigger, I gave it a spray with some light oil, (just a drop)
    It's got a long heavy first stage with no obvious second stage, I mean it just goes off.
    It's not predictable at all and kept catching me out.
    I've not idea about what to adjust here and don't just want to start turning things.
    I'm assuming the alloy screw behind the blade adjusts the second stage weight?
    Any ideas?
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Finished sorting my dads '77 out this evening.
    It's all back together and shooting sweet.
    I'm really impressed with it but.......
    The trigger is horrible, I didn't strip the trigger, I gave it a spray with some light oil, (just a drop)
    It's got a long heavy first stage with no obvious second stage, I mean it just goes off.
    It's not predictable at all and kept catching me out.
    I've not idea about what to adjust here and don't just want to start turning things.
    I'm assuming the alloy screw behind the blade adjusts the second stage weight?
    Any ideas?
    This may help

https://www.airgununiverse.uk/thread...rigger.176670/
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

2nd stage is governed by a small grubscrew in front of the trigger, you’ll need the stock
    Off. I’d start by winding it out half a turn. If you remove the entire trigger assembly from the action you can cock it and see how much it’s engaged through a viewing hole in the side plate.

I prefer to set them up off the gun, that way you can safely cock the trigger and fire.
    The little torx screw at the front determines second stage engagement, there is locking compound on these from new,so can be difficult to turn. By adjusting this you should be able to eliminate the trigger creep if present.
    The larger alloy screw at the back gives the trigger blade a bit more resistance, screw out too far and the trigger will be flapping about.

I've just been and tried it again
    It's like pulling a pillow through a barbed wire fence.
    It really is bad.
    Just one heavy stage and "bang" at some point.
    I'll pull it apart again and see what the sear engagement looks like
    What a shame it was going so well
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    I had a Rekord that was like that: the first stage pin in the trigger had dropped out. The trigger blades themselves aren't made of great material.

Yuo can see the pins in this animation:

https://youtu.be/_BlQRRciXMQ

The only way to check is to remove the trigger by knocking out the trigger pivot pin. If they have fallen out then it's a new blade to fix it.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    I had a Rekord that was like that: the first stage pin in the trigger had dropped out. The trigger blades themselves aren't made of great material.

Yuo can see the pins in this animation:

https://youtu.be/_BlQRRciXMQ

The only way to check is to remove the trigger by knocking out the trigger pivot pin. If they have fallen out then it's a new blade to fix it.

Thanks I will certainly check that. Something feels very wrong here
    Good deals with:

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I prefer to set them up off the gun, that way you can safely cock the trigger and fire.
    The little torx screw at the front determines second stage engagement, there is locking compound on these from new,so can be difficult to turn. By adjusting this you should be able to eliminate the trigger creep if present.
    The larger alloy screw at the back gives the trigger blade a bit more resistance, screw out too far and the trigger will be flapping about.
    I'm guessing the thread locks well gone
    Someone's proper messed with this.
    I wouldn't say there's anything but creep with this trigger
    Good deals with: