Thread: Any Rekord trigger experts in?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think you'll find it's the trigger tension spring that sits under the alloy screw behind the trigger.

When overtightened for a protracted period the spring crushes, deforms and becomes ineffective.

If the sear engagement is out if adjustment as a singular fault you still get a distinct second stage but there's creep into the second stage until the sear releases.

Any problems pm me and I'll chat it over with you.

Can the Torx screw be wound in, or is it out on the Rekord, until the trigger releases in the first stage? I assume the heaviness is from the weight of pull screw being too far in.

Daveo,

Remove trigger unit, clean and lube as others have said.

The is a round hole in the trigger case, and through it you can see how the sears engage.

You can cock the trigger by pressing down the top sear with the end of a Bic biro or similar non-metal item until it clicks

I would start by screwing in the weight adjuster a few turns to get the pressure up a bit.

I would back out the torx screw a few turns, then looking at the sears, see how they progress as you pull the trigger.

Adjust the torx screw until you have a crisp let off, then back a turn. This is to give you some margin when the trigger is in the rifle and under tension from the main-spring.

Return the trigger to the rifle, and then fine adjust the torx screw to give the let off you like - you do not have to put the stock back on while you are doing this adjustment, but please be careful !!

To get the ultimate cherry on the cake, send the trigger to Mr. Luke Jolly - it will return with a safe pull, set at 6 oz, and will be crisper than a very crispy thing

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Gentlemen's..

I'm getting there.
    I followed the advice of several of you and tried loosening the trigger guard bolts slightly
    No difference.
    I've pulled the trigger unit, degreased it and gave it a light oil, as suggested.
    Then I set the trigger using the tip of a biro, just the tip and only for a second!
    and observed through the observation orifice
    There was barely any engagement at all. Son of a diddily! Well there's your issue
    On this 1990 gun the torx grub screw isn't a torx at all but an Allen key grub screw and was very loose
    It may have altered itself as there was no resistance on the threads.
    Any who I blobbed abit of blue lock tight on the screw before I adjusted it.
    I got it feeling good out of the gun but things have changed now it's all back together
    It's quite heavy and has some creep now it has some load on the Sears
    But all it not lost, I know what I'm on with now and I can't be arsed taking the stock off again tonight.
    Thank you gentlemen for your assistance
    I did notice a nasty looking burr on one of the Sears but I'm not stripping the trigger
    It will be good enough for the girls I go out with
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Glad you're on the way to getting it sorted. If there is issues with the components of the trigger unit then it needs stripping down and rectifying really as functionality can be impaired quite significantly.

neil180 did a decent guide on YouTube about how to service the Rekord unit and it helped me massively when I decided to give it a go. It'll be a very different animal after successful teardown/service/reassembly.