Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Jackal impressions

Air Arms Jackal impressions

I have never been keen on military look-a-like air rifles. Always thought they had a lot of gubbins added which is not necessary. Saying this I have never owned or tried one until now. Obviously this is made to look like an L1A1 or a G3 type rifle. Anyway I have been quite impressed, has sensible side cocking with a tap pellet feed which stops the chance of losing a finger top. Power is 11.6 ft.lb. and the trigger has a lovely smooth let-off. Also not too heavy for an old man. There are two screw holes in the bottom of the "magazine well", is there something missing ? I changed the sights for a Vulcan front which fits straight on, and a Chinese rear. Will this affect value, (whatever it is ) ?

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Keep the sights as the rear one in particular is very hard find. If you do want to sell them let me know.

The 2 holes in the bottom would indicate that it originally came with a magazine - if you want an original one to go with it PM me.

The resultant rifle with original sights and magazine is highly sought after.

You could probably adapt an M16 or AK47 see Gun Mart!

Thumbs up

Hi

I've a couple, This one is I think, An AR7 (Most likely wrong though!)

Anyhow, I bought it from the sales, I think on this forum!

It was only £50 posted but was in bits with a few smaller parts needed, No open sights but a nice Webley Pro system moderator, Oh, It came with a Theoben gasram which was a git to get in!! The spring guide had already been chopped from the trigger block to take the ram, It shoots fine now though!

This one is a Sussex Armouries Jackal, Have to say it's much twangier than the shorty one with the ram inside!!, It shoots ok but needs a proper pin and C clip for the cocking link/lever!!

I have to say, I much prefer the AA sidelevers wearing timber though than pseudo military plastic!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I had both the khamsin&jackel up until a few months ago. The khamsin sold very quickly for £320. The jackel which had a professional cammo job i ended up selling to my best m8 for £150 with the fitted harris bipod. Unless original and with original black plastic stock nobody was interested. Same problem i had trying to sell my webley deluxe tracker. £250 was too high some thought and offered £150. Some people was it and bottom doller. Id rather keep it than sell for that.

Just to add my jackel was a twangy bitch. The khamsin was sweet to fire though.

Never had the opportunity

I don't and have never owned any air arms springers but I would really like to find a camargue, always been on my wish list. That one pictured is a stunner

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Just to add my jackel was a twangy bitch.
    Ditto. Some carpet underlay in the stock area helps .....

Cheers, Phil

sticky grease on the spring, fires smooth and quiet.

Baz

The side levers are not very refined by todays standards but do have a charm about tem.

Top to bottom:

Camargue
    Mistral
    Khamsin Mk1
    Khamsin Mk2

Mechanism looks a bit Webleyish. Will sell at Kempton I feel.

Baz

I've been lucky enough to find a camargue and mk1 khamsin both in .177 and they're a dream to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    Keep the sights as the rear one in particular is very hard find. If you do want to sell them let me know.

The 2 holes in the bottom would indicate that it originally came with a magazine - if you want an original one to go with it PM me.

The resultant rifle with original sights and magazine is highly sought after.
    Thanks for the info. The back peep sight has a fragile plastic insert which had broken in half. After your advice I made a new plastic section and reinforced the sight either side with two steel Belleville washers. Will tidy up sight when glue is set. Now has its original sights back on. Shooting it today I am still impressed with how smooth it is. Looks belie its performance.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    You could probably adapt an M16 or AK47 see Gun Mart!
    Jenny, I would use the proper FN L1A1 7.62 mag, cut it in half and flare out some flanges to screw it on the rifle. Would look good. I carried the FN in the Royal Marines, heavy old git ! We had a punishment of lifting the rifle out horizontal by holding it by one hand at the muzzle end.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    The side levers are not very refined by todays standards but do have a charm about tem.

Top to bottom:

Camargue
    Mistral
    Khamsin Mk1
    Khamsin Mk2
    Where you buy the bottom one ftom m8?