Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Jackal impressions

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Where you buy the bottom one ftom m8?
    I did a deal with a guy last year for both the Khamsins & the Camargue. Why do you ask?

I had a Hi-Power . It had a full length Gunpower (Gunsport ?) silencer. L1A1 sling . a laser sight under the barrel but inside the stock and hole drilled for the beam to come out and a Nikko Sterling 3-9x50 scope .

I fitted a Theoben Gasram into it also and it shot great .

I swapped it for a Radio scanner .Stupid stupid stupid

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I had a Hi-Power . It had a full length Gunpower (Gunsport ?) silencer. L1A1 sling . a laser sight under the barrel but inside the stock and hole drilled for the beam to come out and a Nikko Sterling 3-9x50 scope .

I fitted a Theoben Gasram into it also and it shot great .

I swapped it for a Radio scanner .Stupid stupid stupid
    That sounds awesome,shame you swapped it. To be honest the air arms side levers are really under rated guns in my opinion . I've got a few of them in my collection and they're one of my favourite guns to shoot. .really accurate too. The Sussex armoury versions aren't quite as nice but with a little bit of home tuning they can all shoot really well.

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    That sounds awesome,shame you swapped it. To be honest the air arms side levers are really under rated guns in my opinion . I've got a few of them in my collection and they're one of my favourite guns to shoot. .really accurate too. The Sussex armoury versions aren't quite as nice but with a little bit of home tuning they can all shoot really well.
    I regretted it a few days later but the guy had passed the rifle on already . It was around the time of the Dunblane massacre and i was getting into mountain biking so I was selling off my airguns. I had two of the rifles and I cant honestly remember what I did with the other one .

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    The side levers are not very refined by todays standards but do have a charm about tem.

Top to bottom:

Camargue
    Mistral
    Khamsin Mk1
    Khamsin Mk2
    What calibre are those mate

All in .22. I'd love to drop on a couple of .177 side levers but they are a rare find.

Wanted to try it for grouping with scope fitted, but I think a normal scope would not suit. Think an Elcan Specter DR looks better on it?

[IMG][/IMG]

Make and Mend afternoon, cleanest 7.62 in the squad stuffed in back of cupboard. Everything ironed to the size of the Globe and Laurel.
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 17-09-2018 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Remove pic
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'm still rockin' the singlepoint look........
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/harvey...posted-public/
    Last edited by harvey_s; 17-09-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'm still rockin' the singlepoint look........https://www.flickr.com/photos/harvey...posted-public/
    Do you think they suit a military look ? Never found them that good, on mine the dot covered too much of the target, especially at distance. Had one on my customised AR7 Explorer.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 17-09-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Had a single point on mine but it was not great. I did give it away with the rifle though

Seem to recall one tip to try & cure the "echo box" of a hollow stock was to fill it with the foaming filler used in the building industry. Not sure how effective it would be but the theory seems to be good. The stocks on the Mistral & Camargue look very nice, aesthetically at any rate. Nicely sculpted, & no need to stuff it with underlay or foam. Suppose the pop of a 7.62 drowned out the rattles & echos from the abs stock of the SLR, but they made wooden furniture for those too.....

Clacity clack, just so noisy, especially the Sussex Armoury ones. AA got the quality control better and took the design further. The base design always had a pretty poor or "average" for its day trigger, but then everything did in those days unless German. The rest is history.

High Power looks best with a 4x40 scope. AR7 with Singlepoint.
    These rifles were for plinking and hunting around the farmyard. Best in .22 for the whollop. What a lot of fun. They were never meant to be 35m tack drivers, and to be honest can't do it just as a factory Airsporter or Webley Vulcan can't even if many tried. The HW77 could in .177.

The High Power with scope so it looked like a R1 Fal. The AR7 because it could look like a Blake Seven AR16.

I missed an AR7 a few years back; its the one I'd have for the fun of it. Those High Powers I've saved from the skip I've always passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Clacity clack, just so noisy, especially the Sussex Armoury ones. AA got the quality control better and took the design further. The base design always had a pretty poor or "average" for its day trigger, but then everything did in those days unless German. The rest is history.

High Power looks best with a 4x40 scope. AR7 with Singlepoint.
    These rifles were for plinking and hunting around the farmyard. Best in .22 for the whollop. What a lot of fun. They were never meant to be 35m tack drivers, and to be honest can't do it just as a factory Airsporter or Webley Vulcan can't even if many tried. The HW77 could in .177.

The High Power with scope so it looked like a R1 Fal. The AR7 because it could look like a Blake Seven AR16.

I missed an AR7 a few years back; its the one I'd have for the fun of it. Those High Powers I've saved from the skip I've always passed on.
    I have an old Jackal Parabellum. Basically agree with you, but prefer it with the iron sights. It’s a big enough beast without adding a scope. It shoots OK. I think it probably shoots a bit better than a Webley Viscount/Tracker, because the action is slightly more efficient and the Hammerli barrel is good. The same basic action, improved under AA, did well for years.

My preferred choice would indeed be an AR7 (I recall seeing one in my local shop when I was 12 and really wanting it) and/or a Firepower with the 30 round tube. But these days they are very pricey for a “fun” gun. And I am quite happy just owning the original.

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Do you think they suit a military look ? Never found them that good, on mine the dot covered too much of the target, especially at distance. Had one on my customised AR7 Explorer.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    That one looks like an Armson sight rather than a Singlepoint...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    That one looks like an Armson sight rather than a Singlepoint...
    I use the term in a generic sense like "hoover" is used for all makes of vacuum cleaner. All these sights have the same principal, a fluorescent rod that requires an outside light source to work. They are OK for a moving target, or fairly large targets, but not for precision shooting. I would never test an air rifle for getting the best grouping size using one of these.

Baz