Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Arms Jackal impressions

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I use the term in a generic sense like "hoover" is used for all makes of vacuum cleaner. All these sights have the same principal, a fluorescent rod that requires an outside light source to work. They are OK for a moving target, or fairly large targets, but not for precision shooting. I would never test an air rifle for getting the best grouping size using one of these.

Baz
    Which actually describes rather well the answer to your question as to whether they "suit the military look?"... If you're looking for a military look of a certain vintage (as the Jackals of the the time undoubtedly were) then Yes, absolutely...

This...http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....79#post3336479... supports your observation and confirms its credentials (although you'll pay a LOT more than £50 to get your hands on a decent condition one these days)

Do you think they suit a military look ? Never found them that good, on mine the dot covered too much of the target, especially at distance. Had one on my customised AR7 Explorer.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    That one looks like an Armson sight rather than a Singlepoint...
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Which actually describes rather well the answer to your question as to whether they "suit the military look?"... If you're looking for a military look of a certain vintage (as the Jackals of the the time undoubtedly were) then Yes, absolutely...

This...http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....79#post3336479... supports your observation and confirms its credentials (although you'll pay a LOT more than £50 to get your hands on a decent condition one these days)
    Indeed, the old OEG. I’d almost forgotten those.

The Singlepoints make stupid money because they were used on some of the “ray guns” in the first Star Wars movie. Weirdo sci-fi/cosplay (what the heck is that on about????) folk buy them up to make inert replicas.

For the record, the ray guns in Star Wars include C96 Mauser pistol, L2A3 Sterling SMG, MG34 GPMG, MG42 GPMG and Lewis LMG. That has always made me smile.

Hi

Haven't posted on here for some time, but I do have a 'few' Jackals. Look in my Signature.

I think they are great rifles and all have different characters. I used to take them to HFT and have the craic with them
    BE-HAPPY-OK

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Somewhere in my loft is a .22 Jackel special, It started out as the short barreled version then someone stuck a Diana G80 wooden stock on it & a moderator. Its very short & handy & quite a poky beast.
    Must dig it out & see how it shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi

Haven't posted on here for some time, but I do have a 'few' Jackals. Look in my Signature.

I think they are great rifles and all have different characters. I used to take them to HFT and have the craic with them
    Nice collection, I love the one with the mp5 stock! Looks like the hk41
    Donald

Paddy, I am disappointed you haven't got a Drulov DU10, come to Kempton and buy mine. Do you think I will get £190 for my Jackal ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Nice collection, I love the one with the mp5 stock! Looks like the hk41
    Hi

Thanks, yeah it does abit doesn't it. I have two with MP5 stocks. One in Dark Urban and another with a longer barrel in dessert camo.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Paddy, I am disappointed you haven't got a Drulov DU10, come to Kempton and buy mine. Do you think I will get £190 for my Jackal ?

Baz
    Don't think I can make it and there is only a few Jackals I will buy now as I have most of the models. Plus I haven't got the room

Hopefully you'll get what you want for it as the prices of these do fluctuate.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

You never see any Sussex Armoury wood stocks for sale!
    Perhaps the ugly trigger guard affected the sales figures.

Fitting a wooden stock made them just ordinary looking and they lose all their quirkiness. Then competing with superior airguns available in the market.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I love my SA Woodstock jackal
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25