Thread: Birmingham arms fair

Birmingham arms fair

Well just got back from the fair today for me a disappointment, lots of swords knifes old shot guns , a few Bsa "D"types ,Standards now over £250 -395,one I thought a bargain @£220 without starting to haggle very early model but someone had welded (pigeon sheet) the front sight on and pitted the barrel, couple of Webley service I said £495 before turning over the ticket and it was 595 another said to rare so me 495 but it was 895 , one stall I chuckled at, spent 12g and 410 cartridges £1-00ea.The highlight for me was was getting a flyer for "Binners" do on the 30th so be going there with me wedge.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I only spent an hour there, circumstances, not choice. Popped in between the bash and taking my dad for lunch in peterboring. I was amazed at the number of stalls and visitors. Mostly militaria, which is to be expected. Had a natter with a few stall holders and got some good discount. Always worth asking. Plus you can wander the museum, if time allows. I came away with a couple of odities, so well worth going.

If it coincides again, I'll pop in.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Sorry to have missed you Mel. It was Josie that was handing out the Kempton flyers.

There were a fair number of airguns at the fair but nothing really tempted me. I've attached a few snaps of some of the highlights, some of which I am sure will be offered for sale at Kempton if they don't sell today. I saw one of the fair regulars buying in a 1948 short cylindered BSA Club, which no doubt will be on their stall at Kempton.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KZB8GvfwZNhjC2Tp6

Anybody ever heard of a spring piston Batman pistol?

The boxed Slavia was a bargain at £88 and the tier cased Webley Premier was very nicely presented; very well thought out and skilfully made.

I think the plated Webley pistols were sold quite early in the day.

John

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I bought the batman pistol.

https://sites.google.com/a/mbbandook...tol-22-caliper

I think I probably paid too much, but cheaper than trying to get one back from india next time I'm there.

It's a bit of fun anyway. If you read the reviews and questions they're apparently suitable for shooting chickens.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post

I think I probably paid too much, but cheaper than trying to get one back from india next time I'm there.

It's a bit of fun anyway. If you read the reviews and questions they're apparently suitable for shooting chickens.

Dave
    Wow! I wondered if it was home made at first but it did look to be a finished production gun upon handling. Funny place to put a rearsight and with such a small notch?

Kind regards,

John

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Wow! I wondered if it was home made at first but it did look to be a finished production gun upon handling. Funny place to put a rearsight and with such a small notch?

Kind regards,

John
    Putting the rear sight on the barrel works wonders when you have a wobbly barrel! A ploy used on the (unaccountably) popular German Koma/Voere LDP4 of the 1950's.

Dave
    Fascinating site. Now you have a Batman Prince you surely need a Globus Ferrari to go with it, only £16 new in India.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyonsofor View Post
    Well just got back from the fair today for me a disappointment, lots of swords knifes old shot guns , a few Bsa "D"types ,Standards now over £250 -395,one I thought a bargain @£220 without starting to haggle very early model but someone had welded (pigeon sheet) the front sight on and pitted the barrel, couple of Webley service I said £495 before turning over the ticket and it was 595 another said to rare so me 495 but it was 895 , one stall I chuckled at, spent 12g and 410 cartridges £1-00ea.The highlight for me was was getting a flyer for "Binners" do on the 30th so be going there with me wedge.

Birmingham arms fair

Hi John , I was in the Q when the lady was handing out the flyers as she walked past and I said " ooh Binners do" and she said yes but I was distracted as to the new wives behind the desk for the £8,will see you at Kempton .

The batman story goes deeper. We're back off to India in October and it got me browsing through my pictures from our last trip and came across this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/xN5ZLul

There it is bang in the middle of the frame.

If I had a memory, I'd go places.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

The batman story goes deeper. We're back off to India in October and it got me browsing through my pictures from our last trip and came across this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/xN5ZLul

There it is bang in the middle of the frame.

If I had a memory, I'd go places.

Dave
    I can drop you at LHW after the fair

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky

Dave
    Do they do a smaller pistol called the Robin.

Sorry to have missed you Mel. It was Josie that was handing out the Kempton flyers.

There were a fair number of airguns at the fair but nothing really tempted me. I've attached a few snaps of some of the highlights, some of which I am sure will be offered for sale at Kempton if they don't sell today. I saw one of the fair regulars buying in a 1948 short cylindered BSA Club, which no doubt will be on their stall at Kempton.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KZB8GvfwZNhjC2Tp6

Anybody ever heard of a spring piston Batman pistol?

The boxed Slavia was a bargain at £88 and the tier cased Webley Premier was very nicely presented; very well thought out and skilfully made.

I think the plated Webley pistols were sold quite early in the day.

John
    Nice looking walther cp88 in the blue case in one of those pics. Any idea who the seller was? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    Nice looking walther cp88 in the blue case in one of those pics. Any idea who the seller was? Thanks
    The CP88 was on the Connor Sandvoss stall - he'll be at Kempton in a fortnight.

Kind regards,

John

The CP88 was on the Connor Sandvoss stall - he'll be at Kempton in a fortnight.

Kind regards,

John
    I can't make it to Kempton unfortunately - anyone got contact details for him? Thanks Doug