Agree with 1066's take on the CP1 - great potential for a project but not a 10m contender.

I was looking for a co2 pistol with a bit more poke and range than a BB plinker and narrowed the choice down to the CP1 and Crosman 2240. What swung things in the CP1's favour was the wood grip and sight dovetails as standard - fitting grips and a steel breech to a 2240 would add another £80 or so.

My CP1-M (.177) arrived in a fairly circuitous route via a friend from a well known gun shop oop north and had a broken rear sight and no single shot tray. The magazines are known to be fiddly and unreliable and was only used once after things jammed up big time on the first outing. I'd recommend the single shot variant or using the shot tray all the time.

A lot of people report that they can't get on with the grip, saying that it forces their wrist into an awkward angle. For me, at least, it does seem more suited to a one handed 10m style hold/stance with the palm shelf making a two handed grip awkward. I can live with that but I did get a great benefit from one of Stuart Waudby's match style trigger guards which open up more room for my large hands.

https://smwengineering.co.uk/collect...1-and-variants

After a little bit of trigger tweaking and with a red dot fitted, I can easily ring three inch steel plates at 25m from standing and I'm happy with that. Chrono'ing gave me 5fpe or so and a useable shot count of between 30-40. Over the winter, I intend to reshape and stipple the grip, polish the internals and index the loading probe to stay open without sliding forward while loading.

If you've read reviews and are sitting on the fence about getting a CP1, I'd say take the plunge. They're cheap, pretty reliable, amenable to tuning with custom parts becoming available and the trigger (after some basic polishing and adjustment) isn't as bad as some people would have you believe.