Yes, I've got one of each, .22 and .177. (CP 1's)I bought them cheap straight from Europe, Poland maybe, with just the same sort of thing you are looking for in mind. I was quite prepared to do some work, thinking they could be the basis of a cheap target pistol for my grandson, however I never really progressed the project.

They make a great garden tin can shooter, quite powerful, accurate enough, adjustable sights, easy to load, recoilless etc. However, as a starter for 10m pistol I think you would be disappointed (I would be good if there was a competition with everyone shooting them. Formula CP1 ).

Out of the box, the trigger is poor, heavy and creepy - but can be greatly improved with a little tinkering.

It's too powerful but is easily tamed a little by a lighter hammer spring.

It has a very high sight line coupled with a low trigger that it would be difficult to do much about.

The grips are ambidextrous but could be sorted with a little padding and chopping.

The killer for me was it's just not accurate enough - with the pistol clamped in position, with half a dozen different pellets, I couldn't get it group any better than about an inch at 10m. Very demoralising if you think you have shot the perfect shot and find it's an eight. I tried re-crowning and lapping the barrel but not much improvement.
If it was inherently accurate I would have been prepared to spend the time trying to sort the rest out, completely re-engineer the trigger mechanism to bring half an inch higher, new designed rear sight to bring it down half an inch, new target type grips, light weight hammer, move the cocking bolt to the left side etc.

So - fun to shoot but wouldn't be competitive at 10m pistol at even the most basic club level.

Many years ago I did something similar with some Baikal break barrel air rifles for a scout troop - these were cheap as chips but really very accurate. I re-worked the triggers, fitted front and rear aperture sights and an adjustable butt plate, they shot a treat and put up with a lot of abuse for years.