Thread: Has anyone used an SMK CP1 Co2 pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok - so after reading all the positive things about the Lov 21 I decided to go ahead and buy one, just to see if I could use it a base to make 10m starter pistol. Unfortunately Sureshot have sold out and not sure if they will get any more in (saying they need to order 100)

I then tried AFG, Czech Republic, listed at EU88 but won't send to uk.

So, any suggestions where these might be available?

Try City Air Weapons...

http://www..com/air-guns-lovena-lov-21-177-air-pistols

Whether they have any in stock is another matter!
    Last edited by Modski66; 21-09-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Thanks for that - I've sent them an email.

CP1 in .25

I've got a CP1 in .25, got it second hand off the Internet, best £110 I ever spent.

The previous owner had upgraded the trigger and included a red dot but I put a hawke unit on instead.

I only use it for 6 yard plinking in the garden, quite accurate for what it is, very capable hitting bottle tops and excellent on co2 consumption getting up to 150 shots on a good day.

Personally it's a keeper...

Ok guys - My Lov 21 arrived yesterday. First impressions - it's pretty basic, lot of plastic but it functions ok. I tried it clamped in a workmate at 10m, the only wadcutter pellets on hand were Hobby. Three consecutive 5 shot groups c - c were 28mm, 21mm, 33mm. The holes showed evidence of a little pellet yawing, although I didn't run any through the crony there was plenty of power to cut clean holes.

So, the workmate isn't too solid, it was outside and a bit windy and not tried a selection of pellets so was quite pleased with the result. I did try my Walther CP2 at the same time and groups were a bit sloppy at around 10mm.

Planned work when time permits will be, improve the sights, trigger, weight and balance, palm shelf, smooth out the rough edges and take it from there. Some work for the 3d printer I think.

Hello mates !

I've been following this thread and read with pleasure you like both CP1 and Lov 21.
    I think we share the same ideas.
    Cp1 is definitely a bargain for it's price.
    it is powerfull enough even for 20 yards (better take the .22 model to see the holes in the target)
    the trigger is decent but not quite as good as the lov's.
    Lov 21 has a wonderful trigger that people are not use to until they buy a real match target pistol at ten times its price. It is weighted as low as 18 Oz, which is match grade, one stage, crisp and direct : its travel until it fires is as low as 2.3 milimeters ! Beginers should be advised that once the pistol is cocked, they'd better think twice before touching it if it is not yet pointed at the black of the target.
    Just like a match pistol.
    the CO2 capsule takes its place in the handle, and as you screw lock the cap, it empties completely inside the
    tank. It is a good thing: CO2 becomes then gas and not liquid like If it stayed in the capsule : no cold effect, the shot are far better regulated.
    I love it's sovietic plain design.... Yes it is full polymer and minimalistic but If you like shooting with dark open iron sights, single handed, It is a really good Target school pistol.
    Old Shool...
    I did not find any competitor in its price range.
    It is a bit loud though, I mesured It at :

Lov21 : 101.8 dB
    Crosman 1377 at 2 pumps : 95 dB (I shoot in my Montmartre's flat at 7 yards)
    crosman 2300T: 100.2 dB
    Stoeger XP4 (HW40 clone) : 100.5 dB
    CP2 pistol configuration with it's provided moderator : 93.5 dB.

this was my opinion about Lov21 pistol.
    The best sport single shooter in its price range to me.
    I wish you a good week end.
    It is raining and a bit cold in Paris today, so it's a perfect day for indoor shooting.

à bientôt !
    Merci les amis !

I've just designed and printed a barrel weight and better front sight for my Lov 21.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I've just designed and printed a barrel weight and better front sight for my Lov 21.

Allan - that looks like it will just fit over the existing moulding (once the sight blade has been removed) ?

What a good idea - let me know how it goes!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.