Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used an SMK CP1 Co2 pistol?

Thanks for that - I've sent them an email.

CP1 in .25

I've got a CP1 in .25, got it second hand off the Internet, best £110 I ever spent.

The previous owner had upgraded the trigger and included a red dot but I put a hawke unit on instead.

I only use it for 6 yard plinking in the garden, quite accurate for what it is, very capable hitting bottle tops and excellent on co2 consumption getting up to 150 shots on a good day.

Personally it's a keeper...

Ok guys - My Lov 21 arrived yesterday. First impressions - it's pretty basic, lot of plastic but it functions ok. I tried it clamped in a workmate at 10m, the only wadcutter pellets on hand were Hobby. Three consecutive 5 shot groups c - c were 28mm, 21mm, 33mm. The holes showed evidence of a little pellet yawing, although I didn't run any through the crony there was plenty of power to cut clean holes.

So, the workmate isn't too solid, it was outside and a bit windy and not tried a selection of pellets so was quite pleased with the result. I did try my Walther CP2 at the same time and groups were a bit sloppy at around 10mm.

Planned work when time permits will be, improve the sights, trigger, weight and balance, palm shelf, smooth out the rough edges and take it from there. Some work for the 3d printer I think.

Hello mates !

I've been following this thread and read with pleasure you like both CP1 and Lov 21.
    I think we share the same ideas.
    Cp1 is definitely a bargain for it's price.
    it is powerfull enough even for 20 yards (better take the .22 model to see the holes in the target)
    the trigger is decent but not quite as good as the lov's.
    Lov 21 has a wonderful trigger that people are not use to until they buy a real match target pistol at ten times its price. It is weighted as low as 18 Oz, which is match grade, one stage, crisp and direct : its travel until it fires is as low as 2.3 milimeters ! Beginers should be advised that once the pistol is cocked, they'd better think twice before touching it if it is not yet pointed at the black of the target.
    Just like a match pistol.
    the CO2 capsule takes its place in the handle, and as you screw lock the cap, it empties completely inside the
    tank. It is a good thing: CO2 becomes then gas and not liquid like If it stayed in the capsule : no cold effect, the shot are far better regulated.
    I love it's sovietic plain design.... Yes it is full polymer and minimalistic but If you like shooting with dark open iron sights, single handed, It is a really good Target school pistol.
    Old Shool...
    I did not find any competitor in its price range.
    It is a bit loud though, I mesured It at :

Lov21 : 101.8 dB
    Crosman 1377 at 2 pumps : 95 dB (I shoot in my Montmartre's flat at 7 yards)
    crosman 2300T: 100.2 dB
    Stoeger XP4 (HW40 clone) : 100.5 dB
    CP2 pistol configuration with it's provided moderator : 93.5 dB.

this was my opinion about Lov21 pistol.
    The best sport single shooter in its price range to me.
    I wish you a good week end.
    It is raining and a bit cold in Paris today, so it's a perfect day for indoor shooting.

à bientôt !
    Merci les amis !

I've just designed and printed a barrel weight and better front sight for my Lov 21.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I've just designed and printed a barrel weight and better front sight for my Lov 21.

Allan - that looks like it will just fit over the existing moulding (once the sight blade has been removed) ?

What a good idea - let me know how it goes!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Allan - that looks like it will just fit over the existing moulding (once the sight blade has been removed) ?

What a good idea - let me know how it goes!

Bob.
    This slips over the front up to the original sight blade so no modification of the pistol necessary, just secured with a grub screw at the bottom. The recesses in the bottom will take two .44 cal lead balls. This gives a cleaner front sight blade but could easily be modified to give a longer sight base, exhaust ports or made longer to take more weights.

I'll be thinking about a palm shelf of some sort next.

This slips over the front up to the original sight blade so no modification of the pistol necessary, just secured with a grub screw at the bottom. The recesses in the bottom will take two .44 cal lead balls. This gives a cleaner front sight blade but could easily be modified to give a longer sight base, exhaust ports or made longer to take more weights.

I'll be thinking about a palm shelf of some sort next.
    Even better - just slip it on over the existing barrel and tighten a grub screw - what could be easier?

If I align my Love21 with my Morini 162ie the following measurement may be handy if you are considering increasing the sight base and adding exhaust ports:-

Aligning the rear sight blades with each other shows the Lov21 to be 80mm shorter (when measured from the end of the protruding steel barrel to the tip of the Morini's ported muzzle weight). Quite a nice extension opportunity to increase the sight base, improve the balance and add exhaust ports (possibly).

A palm shelf would make a big difference to being able to reliably repeat the grip each time the pistol is held.

These two mods would certainly shake things up a bit and give a budget pistol a massive upgrade!

wonderful ! I admire people that are able to draw in 3D..
    would you sell or share it over thingiverse ?
    bonsoir !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

A palm shelf would make a big difference to being able to reliably repeat the grip each time the pistol is held.

These two mods would certainly shake things up a bit and give a budget pistol a massive upgrade!
    Here you go Bob - Fully adjustable palm shelf for Lov 21 now done.

Quote Originally Posted by nogolem View Post
    wonderful ! I admire people that are able to draw in 3D..
    would you sell or share it over thingiverse ?
    bonsoir !
    Thank you, unfortunately I won't be putting it on Thingiverse but if you are interested in one PM me.

Yup - must have one of those Allan.

Allan, Ive sent a pm but your inbox is full I think.
    Cheers,
    Rob

I have advertised your designs on the french airgun forum.
    I'll wait a little until I PM you...lost my job.
    :-(

Wink

I am now on my 3rd CP1 (wife says its the last one I am allowed to buy )

As per previous, all mine were single shot, last one in .25 cal but first one and this one in .177 cal. I always strip and clean and use John Small Mods, which make a heck of a difference.

This latest one I have ordered a Jake Arthurs stock for, and will be making this one into a bullpup type of pistol, but keeping under the 6flbs. also using a small length scope 2-6x32.

Mine are the SMK Cp1, but you could buy a cheaper version from sportsguns for £60 collected approx £80 delivered to your door.

I don't like the magazines at all on the CP1, hence having single shot ones.

Be worth having a look and fettling, as they are great pistols foe 6-15m

Never heard anything bad about the PP700SA, which is my next purchase as I had one of the original ones, and regretted selling it. I was hitting knockdown targets with is at 27 yards