Thread: Alfa - Proj spol. s r.o.Classic or tau 7 compact

Alfa - Proj spol. s r.o.Classic or tau 7 compact

Hi all i am looking into buying a target pistol.I have been offered a used Alfa - Proj spol. s r.o.Classic for £295 and been offered a Tau7 compact/junior which is near new and still has 1 years warranty remaining for £260 out off the two which one do you think I should go for.It is to be used at my local shooting club in door 10m range.
    Many thanks Peter

Not the answer you want...

If that is about your budget then I would look around for a Mk 2 FAS 604. It's a fabulous single stroke pneumatic. Very accurate and a brilliant trigger.
    I just can't be confident with CO2 powered target pistols due to the power changes with temperature.
    That said, the Tau is a very well regarded pistol.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    If that is about your budget then I would look around for a Mk 2 FAS 604. It's a fabulous single stroke pneumatic. Very accurate and a brilliant trigger.
    I just can't be confident with CO2 powered target pistols due to the power changes with temperature.
    That said, the Tau is a very well regarded pistol.
    Yes the most I can spend with out the wife knowing is £300.

Imo a Tau 7 wins hands down from an Alfa Proj. Had both, still have the Tau 7(s)
    Only advantage of the Alfa is that its alloy and dust rust as easily as a Tau. Also sights are easier adjusted/fitted.
    But Tau 7 trigger is better , grip is better, balance is better. The Alfa 250gr?! barrelweight is useless

That said, the Compact is the new version of the old Junior. Therefor, its lighter/shorter than the Tau 7 Standard. It was updated vs the Jr with adjustable grip and MK8-like compensator. Allthough its heavier than the old Jr which only weighed in at about 750 gr!? it still weighs only 880 gr whereas the Match weight 1100+ gr

The Juniors are very accurate (some even better than the Match) but more lively to shoot.
    If they're both nearby, or if you can hold them both you can compare and pick the one that suits you best balance/weightwise

Dont worry about temperature effects with the Tau; in normal shooting conditions, it wont affect it. Its not a crosman
    ATB,
    yana

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Can't agree about the FAS...

I've owned one in the past and I still have a Tau.

The FAS' are just too low velocity and don't cut clean holes a lot of the time.
    The low velocity also increases lock time and makes them more demanding to shoot and that's on top of the cooking effort which all detracts from the accuracy achievable by the average user.
    My Tau however produces similar results (in my hands) to my Morini