Thread: A tatty Ultra

A tatty Ultra

Bought a rather tatty looking Ultra Tactical Mmc single shot yesterday. Hopefully give it a testing later today. I do like a Ultra for the farm, so compact and in . 22 in most cases more than enough shots for a day's hunting. The synthetic/plastic stock looks a bit shxt, I believe black car trim Polish is pretty good to tidy them up, anymore suggestions ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I have used a heat gun on car bumpers to good effect, may work?

I believe the term for that scuff look on the tactical stock is called spalling? My ultra has in on the cheek piece caused by my stubble! A good clean with fairy liquid and a good plastic restorer helps the look, but won't get rid of the wear.

bed liner .

there may be a line-X applier near you

Scuff it over with a fine scotch pad and give it a coat of paint?.

Obviously remove the action first.

Donald

Cheers guys for all your suggestions As per my thread title, the gun is scruffy. The cylinder is devoid of any bluing, just tried cold bluing it, but it doesn't want to know. Just been messing will fill pressures and unusually it likes a low fill ie 170, much lower than BSA, s stated recommended fill pressure. Getting 40 good shots in the high 10,s with JSB Exact jumbos. To be honest I may just wipe with the cylinder over with an oily rag and just shoot the bloody thing, no point in being precious with this little darling

try hydrodip. just separate wood from metal and bung the wood in in the bath.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Cheers guys for all your suggestions As per my thread title, the gun is scruffy. The cylinder is devoid of any bluing, just tried cold bluing it, but it doesn't want to know. Just been messing will fill pressures and unusually it likes a low fill ie 170, much lower than BSA, s stated recommended fill pressure. Getting 40 good shots in the high 10,s with JSB Exact jumbos. To be honest I may just wipe with the cylinder over with an oily rag and just shoot the bloody thing, no point in being precious with this little darling
    Hi Dave
    How long is your cylinder , I have a spare ultra cylinder, it's 170mm long so the short one.
    I can bring it to the Bash if your interested.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    try hydrodip. just separate wood from metal and bung the wood in in the bath.
    Miss this bit did we

The synthetic/plastic stock looks a bit shxt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I have an old Scorpion single shot. She prefers a 170 bar fill too. Otherwise the power curve gets a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Dave
    How long is your cylinder , I have a spare ultra cylinder, it's 170mm long so the short one.
    I can bring it to the Bash if your interested.
    Les..
    Hi Les, I will measure it when I get in, cheers.

I have a wooden Ultra stock knocking about in the shed. A bit basic and needs to be refinished as someone seems to have used varnish on it, but if you were interested I'll pm you some pic's.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I have a wooden Ultra stock knocking about in the shed. A bit basic and needs to be refinished as someone seems to have used varnish on it, but if you were interested I'll pm you some pic's.
    Yes Mark, a couple of pics and price would be great, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post

I've PM'd you with some more photos, but here's one of the offending item:

https://i.imgur.com/1s6jKNT.jpg