Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
The design and packaging of pellets hasn't changed much in decades and in some cases the quality has dropped. But airguns in general especially PCP has changed beyond recognition, when you look at what's on offer in the states and over here. the power and ranges have been stretched to a level I thought id never see. Semi auto systems and probe operating magazines really test the Humble lead pellet. Do you think pellets have kept pace with technology? When I open a new tin of pellets and see them all rammed in, I sometimes think they haven't.
Yes agree with you on this , More so with the pellets rammed in, I see lots of 177 pellets with damage skirts except for the heavier ones like bis mags etc, But saying that even though Ive put some really damaged pellets in the mag when loading I have never noticed any difference on accuracy with them, I would like to see the results on 10 damaged pellets against 10 good pellets, Would be interesting to see the results,
I do mostly only plink or shoot targets with my guns but not to the extreme of cleaning, polishing and weighing etc etc pellets to notice any difference,