Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
bozzer has a so very valid point of when consistency gets too important that luck becomes the difference between the top ten shooters. When some of that is the pellet then a sport will eventually have prolems.
When podium place comes down to a rogue pellet then thats a problem.
When targets get smaller than what the combos are capable off group size wise then thats a problem.

I have an issue when heart beat is the overiding differential and greater than the equipment. If FT and HT shooters had to run 100m betwen targets then few would hit anything because the targets are so small.
Contorted position and holds that take an age to get into is to me target shooting not practical or real field shooting.

Both FT and HT are established sports and long may the circuit have fun and continue. I do worry that when equipment and technique levels are less than luck the sport will struggle. Kit should be very secondary to skill. Targets must always be doable with the equipment, and reflect skill. A cource of fire should be long enough to find who is shooting well enough to win.

As I don't shoot these disceplines I can't say more.
The positions don’t take ages to get into. That’s a myth. I can and have got into position, ranged and dropped 2 targets in under 30 seconds in national competitions.

Biathlon style competitions would be interesting but at the top level more and more shooters are doing cardio work and other things to improve fitness because it helps on shot anyway, so it’s unlikely to change many of the top shooters.