Quote Originally Posted by ballisticboy View Post
As a result of the design not changing they still have high drag giving low energy retention and poor wind behaviour and ballistic properties meaning that if the pellet and barrel are not a perfect match you get a shotgun group size.
I think the ability of the manufacturers to consistently meet the desired quality of some forms of air rifle shooting is below that required standard.

FT and HFT shooters are looking for domed head style pellets that will retain accuracy out to 50m. These guys are looking for under 18mm groups at 50m ( 55 yards ) ... FT. Ideally 12mm.

Most batches will probably have 6 to 8 out of 10 pellets that can achieve that. That leaves 2 to 4 that can't. So that gets targets shooters buying more batches to find that magic batch that gives them 10/10 or 19/20 that does give that consistent accuracy. I don't think there are great batches that have all good pellets and bad batches that have all bad. There are just less bad in the good batches.

Most ( virtually all ) of these batches will give a 'reasonable' accuracy at @ 40m. Let's say @ 1 inch at that range. So most shooters are happy with that.

I'm sure you can still get the Crosman Prems in boxes.