Thread: Sussex Open 50 - results 2018

Sussex Open 50 - results 2018

First of all we would like to thank everyone who attended for their huge generosity today in aid of MIND. We had a quick add up and so far with entry fees, raffle, donations from shooters and the land owner & Best Ironwork the total is £890 with other monies still coming in via social media.

We hope everyone had a great day, Andy and team (Howard Kalisch, Roy Pearce, Gary Morrison and myself) set another challenging and technical course which took advantage of the variable breeze.

Congratulations to everyone on completing the 50 target course set in both woods, especially the class winners. Hope you all enjoy your raffle prizes, again thank you to Air Arms and everyone else who donated extra prizes on the day, we really appreciate your support.

The scores are;

Open Class
    Justin Rayner 96
    Simon Vant 90 (Shoot Off)
    Roger Dibbens 90 (Shoot Off)
    Howard Kalisch 89
    Mike Averill 88
    Sam Robinson 88
    Jon Newton-May 87
    Kevin Hills 87
    Ewan Hobbs 86
    Aaron Friend 85
    Lol Moore 85
    Kevin Wickson 85
    Kevin Maw 82
    Nigel Buchan 82
    Paul Bradford 81
    Richard Chase 81
    Vince Guy 81
    Steb Martinez 80
    Roy Pearce 79
    Ivan Edmiston 75
    Jon Dally 75
    Richard Gallop 75
    Darren Purnell 75
    Doug Falcon 74
    Justin Roberts 74
    Gary Morrison 74
    Spencer Bailey 72
    Ian King 66
    Bruce Ingram 65
    Andy Simpson DNF

Recoiling Class;
    Nigel Wood 87
    Gary Chillingworth 84
    Rex Bennett 80
    Kin Lum 80
    Pat Fitzgerald 80
    Danny Roff 80
    Russ Connor 77
    Martin Cook 58

Ladies Class;
    Barbara Pearce 76
    Ally Stewart 58

Junior Class;
    Abi Maw 82
    Ethan Dally 80
    Harvey Friend 73
    Gabriel Hobbs 67
    Nathan Ingram 64

If anyone spots any errors please PM me so I can make the changes.

Thanks again,
    Buxted HFT
    ISP Airstream MKIII No33 in a Tilly Walnut Stock

Thank you Buxted, it was a terrific days sport.

The course as ever was excellent.

It's a good feeling to be part of a collective that keeps on supporting charities, well done everyone

See you at the next SIHFT.

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Ouch

I used to like the Buxted courses , now i just hope you all fall in a huge pile of nettles .... i didnt think courses could get anymore hard or frustrating and yet still enjoyable .

Huge thanks to all the course setters for this , all the people who donated and turned up to shoot in aid of a charity that is very close to home .

AGAIN massive thanks to my ever suffering helpers Kev H and Ivan today was the first time ive had to take my fall asleep , up with the fairies pain killers so they really had their work cut out .

one of the highlights for me today was seeing two junior shooters giving away their prizes , Harvey won a box of chocolates , opened them and went round offering everyone one , Gabe gave his bottle of plonk to Barbara and Roy Pierce .... Nice to see and heart warming .... good on ya lads, good on ya.
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Well that was one shoot not too miss, although I gotta admit I did miss the positionals (sorry Andy but I can't help it ;-) )
    Thanks to course setter......blah blah blah, look I cant keep saying how great you guys are for setting the courses all the time but yeah your all great PLUS where would a lot of these top shoots be without you guys, hats off to you lads cheers !

Well done all the top shots for some fantastic scores with some tricky breezes later on in the day, well done.
    Mandy's & the Raffle just topped it off.

Gabriel conducting himself as a gent once more & doing that off his own back......well sais it all, well proud.
    Atb you lot

Good job all...

£890 brilliant

96....top bombing Justin, well shoot mate....said it before he's a machine

Buxted you excelled yourselves, I fell into at least half a dozen cunning traps....shooting a pellet as a range finding tool is almost as good as a laser range finder......bit late then....oh bugger it was 35 not 25 etc.

Have to fess up, I was in denial on a donut, the lads thought I missed, I thought I didn't, the card ended up with a zero so all's good.

Our Justin produced an excellent shot on one of the harder 15mm jobbies, right through the hole, problem was there was no paddle behind the hole....must remember to pull those strings

Which devious so and so fuzzed the edge up on the round plate at around peg 4...tricky bugger

Big rabbit small rabbit....big diamond small diamond....my head hurts
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Great course buxted as always. Superb day out and for charity. Really enjoyed it. Cheers to Rex also great laugh. Cheers Russ my thoughts exactly and fairplay Gabe a proper gentleman 😉 top shooting class winners. And simmo for a fine score even though you didn't enter your card. Cheers again all involved loved it

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Firstly like to thank everyone who gave so generously, I know Darren for whom this charity is so particularly relevant was blown away with all your generosity. So thank you all and well done.

Russ nail on the head, the shooting community is obviously nurturing youth that we can and are proud of. Respect kids.

Also big thanks to our landowners who waived their rent for the day towards the charity.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Really really good course today and an excellent amount raised.
    Both Bruce and Nathan seemed to enjoy the day - hope to see them again.
    Thank you course setters, and Conga Rats to Justin on that 96!.
    Regards,
    Is it Sunday yet? Be the pellet. Daystate Griffin + Aztec Emerald
    DS Bluewolf, DS Mk3 177 & 22, ProSport 177.
    2x SIHFT Champ 2017 & 2019, BARC HFT Open Class 2018

Thanks Buxted for a great shoot��
    Good to catch up with a few old faces today
    Well done course setters and all who won.
    Hope to come again.
    Rich.

Thanks to Buxted i had an awesome day. MIND is a very personal charity for me and was happy to have so much fun raising money for those guys.
    Simmo you are off the xmas card list mate.
    loved the idea of a fee to call a target...lets keep that
    TX200 22mm piston PROSPORT 22mm
    AIR ARMS RSN MEMORIAL RECOIL WINNER 2018-------SUCK IT CHILLY
    Danny Does Things on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by DannyRoff View Post
    Thanks to Buxted i had an awesome day. MIND is a very personal charity for me and was happy to have so much fun raising money for those guys.
    Simmo you are off the xmas card list mate.
    loved the idea of a fee to call a target...lets keep that
    I'll 2nd that '£2 for a call', might keep things smoother ;-)
    I missed the chocs Harvey btw but it's the thought that counts & top score mate, need more youngsters in this sport so hide that PS4 & bring them to Horsham Summer Round 4 this Sunday

Still got the nettle sting on me belly, need to buy some fat bastard shirts obviously.

Well done everyone, a good cause, good to see our sport doing some good.

That course taught me a thing or two, mainly that if you follow Mr Morrison around, there is a trail of sweeties...
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Still got the nettle sting on me belly, need to buy some fat bastard shirts obviously.

Well done everyone, a good cause, good to see our sport doing some good.

That course taught me a thing or two, mainly that if you follow Mr Morrison around, there is a trail of sweeties...
    I loved the shoot and the company but have to say that the best target of the day was when I had to lay in the holly bush. I got both of those targets and it improved my attitude no end.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict