Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
I advertised a 25mm 77k. I had tuned it and had the top hat and rear guide custom made to fit that spring ( Delrin ). Polished it to bits and made sure it shot superb.

I did this as a hobby over winters.

I advertised it on here for 140 quid. A tuned 25mm 77k in 0.177 that shot suberb for 140 quid.

A well known member contacted me via PM and said he'd have the rifle but the deal MUST be done in PRIVATE.

I sold him the rifle and said I'd include postage, as he was a popular member. I also said I'd post it that same day on next day delivery and I didn't need to wait for his cheque. I also told him what pellet the rifle performed best with.

At 8am the next morning his wife is ringing me and asking why the rifle hadn't arrived. Honest . I assured her it would before 1pm. It did. The cheque arrived several days later.

A few days later the rifle appears for sale on here for a nice little profit. It sells quickly. The new owner posts on here that he had done this deal with XYZ. He advises people that if they need a 77 tuning they should send it to XYZ as this one shoots superb. He adds that XYZ even told him what the best pellet to use was.
Clearly the intent when buying it then Some people...