Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most cheeky response to a sales advert you have ever had.

I'd totally forgotten the woman who came to view the dog run/kennel on the bay left £50 deposit, saying she'd return with a trailer & hubby to dismantle it & never came back

"What's your best price, mate?" when an ad has just gone up with a price on it

Got a shotgun advertised for sale on another forum....member on there messages me with offer at 2/3 of asking price stating he has had several of these over the years ... apparently I'm his buddy, he lives local and can collect tomorrow.

Wonder why he never kept any of them ...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    I loathe that expression.

Why don't they say 'what is the cheapest you will let that go for'?

Because to me, the 'best price' for something that I am selling is several multiples of what it is actually worth.

Not on here but freeads,same fella.hw97k he offered £100 lol i sold it for 200.hw99s mint in the box brand new scope n mounts,same fella ill give you £100 haha sold for 160,that man again binoculars n bipod,mint used 3 times,he offers 20 quid lol sold for 60.and then his son threatned me cos i wouldnt sell 99s for 110.dont bother with freeads now full of low ball cheeky charlies.

I also often get offers of half the asking price even though I always put no offers accepted.
    I also get the I will send a courier if I pay the would be buyer a large sum to his bank and the courier will give me the change in cash.
    As for the bay,I no longer use it to sell as, despite the fees being paid by the seller, they side with the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Don't you just hate that type of response.

An Air Arms S410 FAC I advertised.

Telephone call from a guy claiming to have dual Israeli Dutch nationality.

Could you strip it and send it airmail to me, stating the parcel contents are a cricket bat? he asked.

I was interested in a an HW80. the price he was asking should have include a S & B PMIi... a peli case and the petrol to hand deliver at a date and time of my choosing.
    He got a bit snotty when I said I lived in Southampton.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I was interested in a an HW80. the price he was asking should have include a S & B PMIi... a peli case and the petrol to hand deliver at a date and time of my choosing.
    He got a bit snotty when I said I lived in Southampton.
    Very good.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I once advertised a working fridge/freezer on Gumtree for free with local delivery to Falkirk.

I got a call from a woman from North Berwick. I told her she could have it but she'd have to come and get it. According to her I was obliged to bring her the fridge at my own expense because I advertised free delivery. When I told her local delivery meant Falkirk (as stated in the advert) she started screaming and swearing at me for wasting her time, false advertising and being a scammer. Unhinged I believe would be the correct term. In the end I delivered it to a nice lady round the corner whose fridge had just packed in and took her dead one to the local recycling centre.

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by distantcamera View Post
    I once advertised a working fridge/freezer on Gumtree for free with local delivery to Falkirk.

I got a call from a woman from North Berwick. I told her she could have it but she'd have to come and get it. According to her I was obliged to bring her the fridge at my own expense because I advertised free delivery. When I told her local delivery meant Falkirk (as stated in the advert) she started screaming and swearing at me for wasting her time, false advertising and being a scammer. Unhinged I believe would be the correct term. In the end I delivered it to a nice lady round the corner whose fridge had just packed in and took her dead one to the local recycling centre.
    Gumtree has to be the worst place for time wasters. I had some nice audio stuff that I no longer used so thought it would be nice to put it on Gumtree for free. After waiting in twice and people not showing up as agreed I ended up taking it to a charity shop. Don't think I would do the same again, once bitten twice shy.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Very good.

Kindest regards

Barrel

I aim to please.....

Actually.....strike that. I just aim
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill