Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is it about the 80?

I had an early Venom tuned one in .177 the first springer i could hit a barn door with. At one time I had a std 95 bought new when Venom was in Halesowen up the top of Mucklow Hill, I added a s/h 77 in .22 then the s/h Venom 80, previous to that it was old Meteors & then Webley Vulcans. I went like many over to pcp & never looked back but over time I salvaged enough cheap 80 spares to make a full rifle up & dropped in a venom kit. I can't honestly answer why I have it or why I like it, I never use it but one day when I retire next year I'll re discover the joys of the 80 & I'll let you know if I can find this post
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    An HW80 with a vglide 25mm piston, walnut stock...nothing better. Mach 1.5
    Too True....just sublime

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Enjoying this thread, so what is involved with the 80's in reducing the piston down to 25mm ?

Rob

Well in simple terms, Rob.

A length of 30mm OD X 25mm ID tube is fixed and sealed into the HW80 compression chamber.

Then a custom piston, or Walther LGV/LGU, or a TX piston can be used in the new cylinder.

The cocking shoe will probably have to be altered if using the Walther or TX piston and the top sear in the trigger will have to be altered to suit, or the Weihrauch back block can be altered to accept the TX CD trigger unit.

All the best Mick

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

A length of 30mm OD X 25mm ID tube is fixed and sealed into the HW80 compression chamber.

Then a custom piston, or Walther LGV/LGU, or a TX piston can be used in the new cylinder.

The cocking shoe will probably have to be altered if using the Walther or TX piston and the top sear in the trigger will have to be altered to suit, or the Weihrauch back block can be altered to accept the TX CD trigger unit.

All the best Mick
    I have the 80 most a piston so I'm nearly there
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

All the best Mick

Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Too True....just sublime
    I'm betting it will be improved on by my impending delivery!