Thread: What is it about the 80?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    The HW80 is like comparing the Austin Allegro to the AC Cobra. Yes, the HW80 is a muscle machine and deservedly so. From its history to its future, it will earn its place in Weihrauch history....Not quite as good as the BSA Superstar I may add though......
    I had an Allegro once royal blue one, had it given to me never let me down ... well not until the exhaust fell off on bumpy bridge, bumpy bridge I hear you ask? those who know the way to Barmouth from Shrewsbury will know the toll bridge across the estuary, bumpy because it is made from very uneven railway sleepers. Surprising more parts didn't fall off really!
    Guns and boats .... works for me

id rather use a gat gun than a bsa lol

Had an 80 back in the 80's, then went on to fullbore handguns. I returned to air rifles 2 years ago, & i have had all sorts since then, but the 80, i currently have 2 of them, 177 & 25, i just like them, & 77's have 2 of those as well...
    I got a 30 a week ago to shoot at 10m & the 6 yard comps, but it just feels like a toy, so i think it will go, & if i can get a barrel with iron sights for the 80 that will be my 10m rifle, i just like them.

Rob

Well I got back into air rifles after a long break and was going to buy a pro sport but an hw80 was up for sale and as a kid it was the gun I dreamed of owning, so I just had to get one, and wow no regrets the thing feels lighter than you expect and it well balanced, will outlive all my other rifles (and proberbly outlive me too)