Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick postage cost for Rifle Parcelforce

Quick postage cost for Rifle Parcelforce

Anyone know approx Price for HW100kt and scope,Sending by Parcelforce 48 Express

Roughly 15 to 20 quid I'd have though. Just make sure not to buy additional insurance as it is not valid for air rifles so just a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlle View Post
    Roughly 15 to 20 quid I'd have though. Just make sure not to buy additional insurance as it is not valid for air rifles so just a waste of money.
    PF48 is a shade over £16 for a large rifle
    Smaller rifles a shade over £13
    B.A.S.C. member

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Sent one today , a tad over £16 that was a full length HW77
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Anyone know approx Price for HW100kt and scope,Sending by Parcelforce 48 Express
    Weigh it & any extras going with it add on a kg for packing & check the cost of sending that weight on their web site. (£13.14 up to 5kg - £16.62 up to 10kg - £23.40 up to 15kg)

Remember you cannot use a proxy (like P2G) to buy the PF cheaper, you must take it to a Post Office to post, where you declare it as legal to send under "guns for sporting use".

postage

Hi all,how did you wrap did you use original box and when asked about contents what description did you give,thanks boys.

Parcel Force will not offer additional insurance for air guns. It's £100 and that's it. It really isn't worth using their service for items worth more that £100.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Parcel Force will not offer additional insurance for air guns. It's £100 and that's it. It really isn't worth using their service for items worth more that £100.
    Except there is no other legal carrier for the general public.

Quite. Still not a wise thing to ship via a courier that won't cover the costs if they wreck or lose it. Cheaper to deliver in person by any means if needed.

How does insurance work with an RFD transfer? Terms and conditions tend to be different for business accounts compared to those for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlle View Post
    How does insurance work with an RFD transfer? Terms and conditions tend to be different for business accounts compared to those for the public.
    RFDs usually have goods in transit insurance in with there business insurance.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai.T View Post
    RFDs usually have goods in transit insurance in with there business insurance.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Through the couriers RFD's have insurance on new guns but not secondhand guns. They may of course have their own insurance to cover, but most will not provide any insurance at all if you are doing an RFD transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger1234 View Post
    Through the couriers RFD's have insurance on new guns but not secondhand guns. They may of course have their own insurance to cover, but most will not provide any insurance at all if you are doing an RFD transfer.
    Then why would anyone use an Rfd transfer for an air rifle? Seems rather odd. Although I spoke with Liam at airfective about my impact, and said that if probably use a transfer and he said just use parcel force.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger1234 View Post
    No it’s nothing to do with the couriers insurance. As an RFD I have goods in transit insurance as part of my business insurance policy. So sending second hand air rifles is fine, they are covered by my policy. This is why as RFDs we charge for transfers as it’s all part and parcel of the peace of mind for you.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

I would think that household insurance could cover your own airgun if for example you were sending it for repair or upgrade.

Rob