Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick postage cost for Rifle Parcelforce

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Arrived today at 12-20hrs,I make that nearer 144hrs,hardly a disaster,but it does make a mockery of the service title
    Weekends always cause delays. I had one sent to me on a Friday by PF48 and it arrived the following Wednesday.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Ten days or 240 hours is the record so far,perhaps they should rename the service "within 48 days"?

Our village PO is a mobile van service. It calls at four or five villages during the day, and by the time it gets back to the base PO around 5pm the collection van for PF parcels to go to the hub has already left. So I can never get 48 hour service from PF48, it's a minimum of 72. I can only get 48 hour service by paying for 24.

If I drive ten miles to the sorting office before 1500 I can get 48 hour service.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Given your location perhaps the delay is forgivable,but if you resided on the main Chester to Liverpool A road?.

Given your location perhaps the delay is forgivable,but if you resided on the main Chester to Liverpool A road?.
    It has to make the collection from the PO, because the box is large sometimes it's not put in the bag & the van driver misses it,
    it then has to reach the local parcel depot where it has to be sorted & then make the lorry taking it on to the main hub, that travel time depends on traffic conditions,
    It then has to be sorted again, put on another lorry to the area hub of the delivery,
    from there it has to be sorted for delivery to either your local PO, or for the van delivering to the correct area, which then has to actually drive the round find you & deliver it.

So there are loads of points when it can miss a connection, loads of times when a vehicle can be stuck in traffic, & several times when it might just be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Weekends always cause delays. I had one sent to me on a Friday by PF48 and it arrived the following Wednesday.

Matty
    Yep it's working days.

https://www.royalmail.com/business/s...orce-express48

We’ll give you a 25% refund if your parcel doesn’t arrive on time

I once sent a parcel by PF48 and it was late. Looking at the webpage I found I could claim compensation for the late delivery. So I thought 'Why not?' and began the process. That was a mistake as it was so involved that in the end I gave up. No doubt what they wanted. One issue was that they wanted me to provide proof of posting i.e. a copy of the documents from when I handed the parcel over at the local depot. Now my argument was that they already had that information on their 'system' but, no ... they demanded a scan of all documents, plus a scan of all eventual delivery documents. As I said, I eventually lost the will to live and just gave up.
    I also tried to claim for being charged the wrong postage as I expected to be charged the cost given on the webpage. But when I handed the parcel over at the counter, the cost was a few £ more. It turned out the webpage cost only applied if I bought the postage online.
    Live and learn ...
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I once sent a parcel by PF48 and it was late. Looking at the webpage I found I could claim compensation for the late delivery. So I thought 'Why not?' and began the process. That was a mistake as it was so involved that in the end I gave up. No doubt what they wanted. One issue was that they wanted me to provide proof of posting i.e. a copy of the documents from when I handed the parcel over at the local depot. Now my argument was that they already had that information on their 'system' but, no ... they demanded a scan of all documents, plus a scan of all eventual delivery documents. As I said, I eventually lost the will to live and just gave up.
    I also tried to claim for being charged the wrong postage as I expected to be charged the cost given on the webpage. But when I handed the parcel over at the counter, the cost was a few £ more. It turned out the webpage cost only applied if I bought the postage online.
    Live and learn ...
    Cheers, Phil
    I always get a certificate of posting and receipt. Normally because I then photograph that and message it to a buyer, or sometimes because it's a business expense. It's just a habit I've got into. You can now imagine exactly how many times I've had to claim. :/

Live and learn ...
    Cheers, Phil
    While I had my FX Verminator refused flight so it did not arrive next day (my error in sending RMSD), I phoned the help line explained it was an air gun,
    they said OK that explains why it was refused air transport we'll put it on a lorry, Sorry that means delivery will be late - here's how to claim a postage refund,
    I wrote a letter with photocopies of my proof of posting & a week later my postage was refunded in full for what had actually been entirely my fault in not marking "surface mail only".

Keeping proof of posting until any item is received is simple common sense to me .

Ten days or 240 hours is the record so far,perhaps they should rename the service "within 48 days"?
    Yep! One I sent PF 48 took ten days and I found it very embarrassing even though the buyer was very understanding.

I sent a theoben Evo to a member on here and it was late due to someone's parcel of paint bursting and covering all the other parcels in paint. All the parcels had to be opened and checked. I forgot to claim my payment back on that.

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    I would think that household insurance could cover your own airgun if for example you were sending it for repair or upgrade.

Rob
    Not so sure it would to be honest. I am lead to believe that your air rifles are only insured under household insurance, providing they are kept in a gun cabinet.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I always get a certificate of posting and receipt. Normally because I then photograph that and message it to a buyer, or sometimes because it's a business expense. It's just a habit I've got into. You can now imagine exactly how many times I've had to claim. :/
    That is very wise ... but in the case I quoted I was given all the necessary proof in hard copy when I handed the package over the counter at the depot. This had been printed out on thair system and was, in fact, the receipt for the transaction detailing everything, my details, where the parcel was going (name, address, postcode) so they had all info already. As I also managed to get the 'delivery note' online they clearly had that electronically already as well. Yet the still wanted me to send them scans of a hardcopy print of all this information. as I said ... they won, I gave up as it was not worth it. I think that is what they wanted. I even complained about it, during the process but just had a repeat note saying they wanted the information.
    Cheers, Phil

Included in the tracking history.

25.10.18 Received at incorrect delivery depot.

That is very wise ... but in the case I quoted I was given all the necessary proof in hard copy when I handed the package over the counter at the depot. This had been printed out on thair system and was, in fact, the receipt for the transaction detailing everything, my details, where the parcel was going (name, address, postcode) so they had all info already. As I also managed to get the 'delivery note' online they clearly had that electronically already as well. Yet the still wanted me to send them scans of a hardcopy print of all this information. as I said ... they won, I gave up as it was not worth it. I think that is what they wanted. I even complained about it, during the process but just had a repeat note saying they wanted the information.
    Cheers, Phil
    So instead of sending the information you had as hard copy you thought it was more efficient to open a complaint in principle, then gave up? If so that doesn't make much sense. I don't see the logic in sidestepping something that is easy to do on a point of principle, making a harder step then complaining you were made to give up because it was all to hard. Is there something hard about taking a photo of a receipt on a phone and sending them the thing?