Quote Originally Posted by dvd View Post
Hi,
yes of course, but no such thing as a quick or short explanation if you contemplate to overhaul a Giss type Diana.

There are quite a few things to cover and explain to someone who has never had one apart, so an explanation ends up being a bit longer than explaining that of an ordinary springer's overhaul. I was like you a few years ago and now I know what makes these airguns such a joy to shoot and you just have to admire their mechanical genius. All you need is patience, a fair bit of mechanical aptitude and not rush through the process.

I can send you a rather long e mail detailing how I go about an overhaul of the Giss system and some pictures if you wish.

D
That would be very much appreciated.. I'm no stranger to working on guns, just to give you an idea of my aptitude level.. I have a lathe and have been tuning and making bits and bobs for a free years now.. the stripping, cleaning and reassembling doesn't phase me, I'd just like to get the 'timing' right first time. I have my idea of what's going on and how to go about it, but I'm not ignorant enough to not take advice from others who have walked this path before me!
Thanks mate, my email is thisisdonald@gmail.com