Thread: youtube vid: 'RECOILESS AIR PISTOLS - A BRIEF HISTORY' finally up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

youtube vid: 'RECOILESS AIR PISTOLS - A BRIEF HISTORY' finally up

Hi all,

I've finally finished my little youtube film about the developement of recoiless muscle powered air pistols, from the Model 6 to the FWB 100.

It is a very brief history, but I wanted to put something on youtube to show my appreciation for my favorite group of air pistols.

Cheers to guys on here for helping nail down a few facts.

Hope it's of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tyDTwpEDLg

Matt.

Awesome video so well done. Thanks much for the time it took to make. I wish more collectors of vintage guns would make videos. You can see them in books but to see them in action really gives so much more information about them.

PS: your cutaway of the Diana Giss System is the first time I have ever seen how the system worked.
    Last edited by 45flint; 17-09-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Wonderful stuff, Matt! Thank you for doing this.

I share your enthusiasm for these pistols and am also fascinated by the ingenuity they embody. But I can see I'd be no match for your impressive marksmanship.

I could be wrong, but did I hear you say 1973 for the introduction of the FWB 80? I'm pretty sure it was 1977.

Anyway, that's a small detail.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Wonderful stuff, Matt! Thank you for doing this.

I share your enthusiasm for these pistols and am also fascinated by the ingenuity they embody. But I can see I'd be no match for your impressive marksmanship.

I could be wrong, but did I hear you say 1973 for the introduction of the FWB 80? I'm pretty sure it was 1977.

Anyway, that's a small detail.

Cheers Danny,

you're right, don't know why I said 73. I'll put a note on the youtube description.

Matt.

Thanks for putting all the effort into producing this video, wish we could see more of these on other air guns. I do a lot of 6 repairs and they are so very easy to work on when you have developed a good procedure on assembly. I prefer to work on these anytime over the FWB 65. The 10 is not too different than the 6 but the trigger has more parts to assemble.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Excellent vid.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.