Thread: Price guidance please - Original Daystate Huntsman early '90s

Price guidance please - Original Daystate Huntsman early '90s

I am thinking of selling my PCP, which is a Daystate Huntsman, which I purchased at the Game Fair around 1990/91. It is extremely accurate - hole on hole stuff. It has a Tasco 3-9 magnification plus a very efficient silencer. I have a manual.

I prefer springers, so this rifle is hardly ever used. It is a single shot - no magazine.

I should be grateful for price guidance.

What stock is fitted?, Does it have the swan neck cocking lever?.

Rob, it is an ambidextrous stock, with pistol grip. The wood is smooth - not indented.

Not sure what you mean by a 'swan neck cocking lever' but the rifle is cocked by a rounded head at the rear of the rifle, which is twisted to open and then retracted to allow the pellet to be inserted into the barrel. This mechanism is not what might be described as a 'mini-bolt' version, similar to the bolt on bullet rifle. It works well.

Any chance of some pictures please.

what he meens is they were fitted with a round nob to cock it, but i allways sent to daystate and bought a brass like swan neck cocking leaver it was to replace the round nob, i have had 2 of LR and supper accurit, i would think its worth about £300. atb bob.

Yes standard Huntsman came with a black knurled knob on the bolt and a beech stock, a deluxe version was available with brass swaneck on the bolt and walnut stock.

Is the the breech "block" cylindrical? I assume single stage trigger? Or has it got the two stage unit?

Is it all black?
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

It is a single stage trigger, very crisp and rather pleasing. Yes, all black blueing, if that makes sense but wooden stock. Not sure what you mean when you ask if the breech block is cylindrical.

How do I post an image/photo here? I have tried to copy and then post but this does not work. Could someone guide me?! I have a photo in Word and in Jpeg, which I cannot attach here for some reason. I can send via private email, I have no doubt.
    Last edited by andrewM; 18-09-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Hi,

The breech block is the part the bolt runs through, on the mk1 Huntsman it was rounded, cut from round bar rather than machined square.

Sounds like a mk1 Huntsman, value in excellant condition around £250 I would think.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Thanks Airwolf1. I have checked and it is a rounded off rectangular shape, which might sound a little confusing. The barrel emerges from this.

I would post a jpeg but have no idea how to do this here. I have tried to copy the photo and paste, which sandyman1963 has requested, but this does not work either.

It is not in mint condition but probably an 8-9 out of 10. The barrel and breech loading mechanism is as new.

Andrew.